Damp to Dry Flat iron - video

naturalmanenyc

I re-did my flat iron yesterday with my new FHI Runway and I taped it.
For the second time, I used too much product so don't do what I did.:nono: I did not get the swinging hair that I had expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWf-URgKo3Q

I had a nightmare that the right side of my hair fell out after the wet to damp flat iron, but so far I have not seen any breakage.

I haven't saw it yet NTB but i'm kinda subscribing so when i get off work i can later.But i wanted to stop in and say i've been using this method for about 6 mon. or so now(i'm transitioning) and i just stopped damp ironing for a personal challenge w/ a buddy. The only thing i noticed was i think some breakage in the back. I truly believe it was b/c of a lack of knowledge( I JUST SHOULD HAVE MOISTRZED MORE i.e. dc, moistrze & seal). ANYHOO I LOVED IT.BTW check out my albums.HHG!

It looks like your technique was great (with the small sections and ez comb, that I now wanna get, thank you very much!) I hope to see pics or another video next time with you using less product. Thanks for sharing the vid though! =D

The bun came out GREAT! I liked your flat ironing technique as well! :yep: The runway gets it straight on one pass...

I noticed you sprayed the heat protectant on your dry hair. How did you dry your hair before you flat ironed it? Did it have any product on it. Is this how you normally flat iron your hair? Do you normally get swang this way? Interesting....I normally have to have freshly washed hair with minimal product for me to get swang.

So i 've seen your vid now and I LIKE! You did a good job lady.Your natural hair is pretty. Q:1)Where can i buy a FHI besides online? 2) How on earth did you get the bulk weave to stay on your faux bun? TIA.

I am excited about the damp to dry. So far I have seen no damage but I am watching carefully. I will check out your albums.

I haven't saw it yet NTB but i'm kinda subscribing so when i get off work i can later.But i wanted to stop in and say i've been using this method for about 6 mon. or so now(i'm transitioning) and i just stopped damp ironing for a personal challenge w/ a buddy. The only thing i noticed was i think some breakage in the back. I truly believe it was b/c of a lack of knowledge( I JUST SHOULD HAVE MOISTRZED MORE i.e. dc, moistrze & seal). ANYHOO I LOVED IT.BTW check out my albums.HHG!

I had on a wig for work yesterday and my hair was mostly dry when I got back home. It was a bit damp after adding the Nexxus Heat Protexx.

I meant to flat iron before the work meeting but didn't get the chance. I dried in about 8 braids after adding Shea Moisture chea butter leave-in & HE LTR leave-in. I did not blow dry first.

I normally use my Maxiglide to flat iron and I normally blow out my hair first.

The bun came out GREAT! I liked your flat ironing technique as well! :yep: The runway gets it straight on one pass...

I noticed you sprayed the heat protectant on your dry hair. How did you dry your hair before you flat ironed it? Did it have any product on it. Is this how you normally flat iron your hair? Do you normally get swang this way? Interesting....I normally have to have freshly washed hair with minimal product for me to get swang.

:lachen: Sorry the music scared you.

Yeah, I disabled everything. Thanks though.

nice video! I tried to leave a comment but its disabled?

The music scared me a tab bit too lol!

Thank you. I think that you can buy a FHI at some beauty supply stores. They are also sold in person at the Bronner Bros. hair shows.

I glued the weave to the mesh donut bun with the black weave glue like dontspeakdefeat showed in her video. I bought a small bottle for 99 cents at the local beauty supply store. It was messy though....for me at least since I had never worked with hair glue before that bun.

So i 've seen your vid now and I LIKE! You did a good job lady.Your natural hair is pretty. Q:1)Where can i buy a FHI besides online? 2) How on earth did you get the bulk weave to stay on your faux bun? TIA.

I bought mine from Sally's too.:grin: I bought it to use with my BKT but I have not used it for that yet.

great video, I have the same ez comb I found it at Sallys

Last edited:
Back