How To Flat Iron Natural Type 4 Hair (youtubbe video)

westNDNbeauty

How To Flat Iron Natural Type 4 Hair (youtube video)

If you remember me from this thread..... Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS....

...just thought I'd share with you guys actual video of how I flat iron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjZQQIGelg

HTH someone.

ETA: Tools Used
FHI Blow Dryer - Ulta Beauty
Runway Flat Iron - (an online beauty supply a year ago....can't remember)
Silk Elements MegaSilk - Sallys
Nioxin Thermal Bliss - Ulta Beauty
Jilbere Straightening Comb - Sallys
Net Wrap - Sallys

Last edited:

ava2

I love :love: your results! Thank you for sharing :drunk:

Can't believe your hair came out so well sans a pressing comb. Would you list the items/tools used? I know the conditioner in the green container can be purchased from Sally's. What Nioxin spray product was used?

What about the white comb like apparatus you used to pass, did that come with your flat iron or is it sold separately? TIA!

Last edited:

westNDNbeauty

Good job!

Do you ever skip the blow-dry? If so, were your results different?

TIA

I never have, but I can imagine that there would be more passes of the flat iron required or your hair will not get as straight. I also think there would be alot more product needed to ease the manipulation of air dried hair. If you notice, there was no product added to my hair during the flat ironing process. For me, adding product results in weighted down hair.

Where did you get the comb contraption used during flat ironing? :grin: Please and thank you

I love :love: your results! Thank you for sharing :drunk:

Can't believe your hair came out so well sans a pressing comb. Would you list the items/tools used? I know the conditioner in the green container can be purchased from Sally's. What Nioxin spray product was used?

What about the white comb like apparatus you used to pass, did that come with your flat iron or is it sold separately? TIA!

Orangemoon & Ava....I should have known better comin up on LHCF with out a prouct list :yep: I knew ya'll were gonna 'check' me. (Channeling Sheree` from HWofATL)

FHI Blow Dryer - Ulta Beauty
Runway Flat Iron - (an online beauty supply a year ago....can't remember)
Silk Elements MegaSilk - Sallys
Nioxin Thermal Bliss - Ulta Beauty
Jilbere Straightening Comb - Sallys
Net Wrap - Sallys

Last edited:

FindingMe

Nice! So you just did an overnight DC on dry hair, rinsed, then added heat protector and heat styled? NEVER thought of doing it like that...I will try it!

Thanks!

ETA: You are pretty! I'm subscribing to your utube...like your music choices, too! :lol:

berryblack

Very impressive!

Do you ever have trouble rinsing all of that conditioner out? I think that is half of my problem when I flat iron---my hair is like a jealous ex---it just won't let go and rinse clean!

tdwillis

Great job! Did you add honey or oils to the Silk Elements? Also, how often do you flat iron? It looks great.

13StepsAhead

Great vid! I saw that comb thingy at Sally's and didn't think it would really be useful so I put it down, but I will surely be going back for it.

ladyfay

Just flawless! You just gave me hope and I'm firing my stylist.

By the way, " Do skip shampooing and use the conditioner only?'

lux10023

you made it look so easily...my problem is im scared of burning myself while flatironing..its like i get to the blowdry part and im fine..now comes to the flat ironing i can do the front of my head with ease..but the back...smdh i have trouble positioning my arms in such a way that i trust myself to...also my hairline..im too afraid to get too close to it...lol i have issues..then my arms start getting tired--i give packup everythang in a bag and head to my moms or friends house lolol....a mess... i star out the process just fine but somewhere get lost finishing the back of my head

i want to accomplish a semless flatiron execution on my hair..without having help from someone else..and you also added another tool--awww sukie sukie nowwww..you took it to anotha level with the straightening comb thingy... yo go gurlll ;o)

again beautiful job!!!

westNDNbeauty

Nice! So you just did an overnight DC on dry hair, rinsed, then added heat protector and heat styled? NEVER thought of doing it like that...I will try it!

Thanks!

ETA: You are pretty! I'm subscribing to your utube...like your music choices, too! :lol:
Very impressive!

Do you ever have trouble rinsing all of that conditioner out? I think that is half of my problem when I flat iron---my hair is like a jealous ex---it just won't let go and rinse clean!
Just flawless! You just gave me hope and I'm firing my stylist.

By the way, " Do skip shampooing and use the conditioner only?'
Gorgeous results. You did not shampoo at all?

I shampooed last week and didnt use much products when my hair was in a twist-n-curl so there wasn't much product in my hair prior to this style so I was able to DC on dry hair and rinse out. I was able to rinse it pretty easily. I would suggest shampooing (with a moisturizing shampoo) after your DC if you add oils to your DC. If I needed to shamppoo I would use Chi Moisturizing Shampoo (Silver and Red bottle).

Great job! Did you add honey or oils to the Silk Elements? Also, how often do you flat iron? It looks great.

No, I didn't add anything to the DC. I never used to green jar and wanted to see how it worked on its own. Its good, but Im not quite sure its as good as the regular one.

I flat iron maybe 6 times a year.

westNDNbeauty

you made it look so easily...my problem is im scared of burning myself while flatironing..its like i get to the blowdry part and im fine..now comes to the flat ironing i can do the front of my head with ease..but the back...smdh i have trouble positioning my arms in such a way that i trust myself to...also my hairline..im too afraid to get too close to it...lol i have issues..then my arms start getting tired--i give packup everythang in a bag and head to my moms or friends house lolol....a mess... i star out the process just fine but somewhere get lost finishing the back of my head

i want to accomplish a semless flatiron execution on my hair..without having help from someone else..and you also added another tool--awww sukie sukie nowwww..you took it to anotha level with the straightening comb thingy... yo go gurlll ;o)

again beautiful job!!!

Lol. I've been braiding my hair since I was 11 so I guess my limbs have grown accustomed to the awkward positions needed for styling.

Practice makes perfect. Keep at it. You'll get it.

Southernbella.

I shampooed last week and didnt use much products when my hair was in a twist-n-curl so there wasn't much product in my hair prior to this style so I was able to DC on dry hair and rinse out. I was able to rinse it pretty easily. I would suggest shampooing (with a moisturizing shampoo) after your DC if you add oils to your DC. If I needed to shamppoo I would use Chi Moisturizing Shampoo (Silver and Red bottle).

No, I didn't add anything to the DC. I never used to green jar and wanted to see how it worked on its own. Its good, but Im not quite sure its as good as the regular one.

I flat iron maybe 6 times a year.

Wouldn't shampooing after DC take the moisture right back out? I'm intrigued by this, though, because I do think my dry hair responds better to conditioner than wet hair...

westNDNbeauty

Wouldn't shampooing after DC take the moisture right back out? I'm intrigued by this, though, because I do think my dry hair responds better to conditioner than wet hair...

I used to think this too. But it doesn't. If you're hair is truly well deep conditioned, a shampoo will no strip the moisture. If you didn't shampoo after using oils in your deep conditioner, I think that may result in a particle filled blow dry. That would be the first sign of a problem. If your blow dry is not light and weightless, expect problems when time comes to flat iron.