Dark and Lovely ultra cholesterol is GAWGOEUS

Nanyanika

I couldn't help it, when i saw it on the shelf a 225g jar for £1.69, i knew I had to buy it, I wanted to know whether this was just as good or even better than their Dry hair healer cholesterol. When i got home, i shampooed with Nexxus Therrape and left it on for 12 minutes. This product is yellow in colour and has a light creamy consistency it smoothes on easily like butter and did i mention the slip......,moisture and softness. all i can say is WOW, this is so much better than any and every expensive moisturizing conditioner i have ever used. the only downside is that it smells a little like funiture polish, but its not too overpowering, you could get use to it, i think its just as good or even slightly better than the dry hair healer. it does contain mineral oil, and my hair is usually very senstive to stuff which contain it, but it doesn't effect my relaxed hair or newgrowth...anyway ladies, I just thought i'd share my delight.

here's a pic

paynesbeautysupply-salon_1836_8729217

Last edited:
I've been using this for years ! It's a staple in my products ! :)
I use D&L products alot (they're the most available here in france), but I hardly hear anybody talk about them on the boards... :confused:

Same here, i don't know why i don't read any raves about these products. Many people are accustomed to buying brand name products, i used to as well until i realised a lot of them don't work on my texture.

_lovelyness said:
I've been using this for years ! It's a staple in my products ! :)
I use D&L products alot (they're the most available here in france), but I hardly hear anybody talk about them on the boards... :confused:

Please don't tempt me!!!1LOL What's the leave-in like..tell me more. TIA

sugaplum said:
I also L-O-V-E the Ultra Cholesterol. :love:

What also good is the D&L Corrective Leave-in.

den1 said:
Please don't tempt me!!!1LOL What's the leave-in like..tell me more. TIA

Hee Hee. :lol: I remember using the D&L Box Perm kits but I stopped becuase for some reason the perm would not take to my hair. So I switched to Hawaian Silky. :hula: Best decison I've ever made. But what I remembered the most was the the Dark N Lovley COrrective Leave-in that came with the box perm that I loved so much. :love: I still use it. It's like Infusium 23 but it doesn't dry your hair out like that does.

For everyday use, in a spray bottle I do half D&L Corrective Leave-in and half distilled water. For a roller set (on wet hair) I use the D&L Corrective Leave-in only and QP Elasta Mango butter on my ends. I let this air dry for a day. And let tell you, my hair comes out bouncy and the curls last forever. :)

What I love about it soo much is that it's sooo cheap. :) Here's what the leave-in looks like:

http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=138

Thanks for replying back... it really sounds great, i've also used infusium 23 before so i understand what your saying. thanks for the link to the picture, i've seen this one before...i'll look out for it.

sugaplum said:
Hee Hee. :lol: I remember using the D&L Box Perm kits but I stopped becuase for some reason the perm would not take to my hair. So I switched to Hawaian Silky. :hula: Best decison I've ever made. But what I remembered the most was the the Dark N Lovley COrrective Leave-in that came with the box perm that I loved so much. :love: I still use it. It's like Infusium 23 but it doesn't dry your hair out like that does.

For everyday use, in a spray bottle I do half D&L Corrective Leave-in and half distilled water. For a roller set (on wet hair) I use the D&L Corrective Leave-in only and QP Elasta Mango butter on my ends. I let this air dry for a day. And let tell you, my hair comes out bouncy and the curls last forever. :)

What I love about it soo much is that it's sooo cheap. :) Here's what the leave-in looks like:

http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=138

den1 said:
Thanks for replying back... it really sounds great, i've also used infusium 23 before so i understand what your saying. thanks for the link to the picture, i've seen this one before...i'll look out for it.
You're welcome. :)

I love this conditioner!!! I bought another brand and was immediately sorry. This is the only cholesterol conditioner we use now!!!

Now about that Leave in.....

I feel so encouraged hearing from other type 4s who use this conditiober and other dark and lovely prods. I'm using this for life.

Yup I tried it after I saw this post actually! I LOOOVVVEE IT!! I also really like their Dry Hair Healer, and their Moisture Seal Deep COnditioner, they are all awsome!

I'm glad you like it, do you rotate it betwen the others as part of your regime? whats the moisture seal deep conditioner like i've never heard or seen this before? thanks

Heres a picture of the moisture seal deep conditioner, this one is my favcorite, it has great slip I usually use this one and the ultra cholesterol together, and i use the dry hair healer by itself. I use these two more than I use the Dry hair healer though cuz the chocolaty smell is a little too strong for me

Attachments

• tr00391.jpg
    tr00391.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 9
den1, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Why did I click this link?

Why am I writing down this product?

Is it really discontinued?? I hope not!

felicia said:
i was told the cholesterol is discontinued. where are you all getting it from?
I purchased this product at my local beauty supplies store in East london they always stock this product in a lot of places i've been to. i found this product on other sites but their all uk. should i post the links?

andreamaria said:
den1, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Why did I click this link?

Why am I writing down this product?

Is it really discontinued?? I hope not!
he he he, your writing down the name because these raves are intiguing to buy it!! its awesome, its not discontinued from my end. go figure!!

den1 said:
he he he, your writing down the name because these raves are intiguing to buy it!! its awesome, its not discontinued from my end. go figure!!

ha! I'll keep these products in mind when I'm out and about :yep:

felicia said:
i was told the cholesterol is discontinued. where are you all getting it from?

I found mine at www.EbonyLine.com

They have most of the stuff on that site, not all of it though. I also find the shampoos and conditioners at Sally's or Walgreens. I've yet to try them though. I just got the Ultra today and I'm going to try it out!

Back