Day 19...Lent thought for today......Mal Fletcher

kayte

Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' (NIV)

Winston Churchill is arguably the greatest leader Britain has ever produced. He shaped the future of the world, but spent most of his life paying a price in the present. Born into a well-to-do family, young Winston suffered terribly from a stammer as a boy. As a young man, he found a niche for himself in politics and, in his twenties, was appointed the youngest ever First Lord of the Admiralty, the head of one of the mightiest navies in the world.

In that position during WW1, he was partly responsible for the horrible debacle at Galipoli. In despair, he resigned his position and volunteered to join the front line forces, in the trenches. It was an extraordinary step-down for a man in his position, but while on the front he became a war correspondent for the newspapers, where he sharpened his skill with words. After that war, he went back into politics and, in the 1930s, began to warn the British people about the dangers of the rise of Nazism in Germany.

This was long before anyone else was willing to face the truth about Adolf Hitler. While Prime Minister Chamberlain signed a treaty with Hitler and declared 'peace in our time', Churchilll continued to warn about impending war, but the war-weary public didn't want to hear. When Hitler invaded Poland, and then proceded to march on the rest of Europe, Chamberlain resigned and Churchilll became Prime Minister.

He wrote in his diary that he felt his whole life had been a preparation for this moment, and this task.

He was 65 years of age.

God has a place of ultimate significance for you. He is building you for that place right now. It might take time, there might be setbacks along the way, but when you arrive, you will be the right person in the right place at the right time.

Prayer: 'Father God, I know you are constantly preparing me for bigger things. Help me not to give up along the way. I don't want to miss the destiny for which I was born.'