Deep Brilliance

asha

Does deep brilliance have a relaxer in its line? Also, those that use deep brilliance..what do you think of it, how long have you been using the products for and what particular products do you like? A salon that specializes in the Biosilk and Deep Brilliance lines just opened near me and I am seriously thinking of booking an appointment. The nice thing is, when I called to inquire about an appointment the lady said that she would reccomend that I book a half hour consultation with Ilona, their stylist that specializes in chemical relaxing...she is at a hair show in Toronto right now but gets back on the 7th so I have some time to think about what I want to do.

Supergirl is the resident authority on Deep Brilliance
grin.gif

I love their relaxer, it has to be the most gentle relaxer I've used. Their home care line is nice too.

Digital Rain, you use their relaxer...how straight does it get your hair? Is it a lye relaxer?

Thanks

Its a lye relaxer,if I'm not mistaken. My hair came out very straight, but I noticed that after my first wash after the relaxer, my hair still has a slight wave which let me know my hair wasn't overprocessed. I haven't had any breakage or dryness at all. I love it.

I don't know how long I've been using DB--maybe 3 or 4 months. I got the relaxer once, but went back to Affirm. The DB relaxer didn't straighten my hair enough for my liking. But if you are someone who doesn't like that bone straight to almost bone straight processing, then you would probably like it. It is VERY gentle--not even a tingle and you won't become over-processed.

As far as the other products, my faves are the "Reconstruct" and the "Manage." Reconstruct is a conditioner--it is SO moisturizing. It strengthens the hair but leaves it so pliable, flexible, and elastic
smile.gif
--The Manage is the leave-in. It is quite the detangler. (smells great too)

I like the Purity shampoo as a clarifier. I also like the Hydration Shampoo, but have decided not to use it often. It contains SLES (which I don't mind) but it also contains SLS. (which I do mind). I lose much more hair if I use a shampoo with a harsh surfactant such as SLS. But the ingredients in the shampoo are great and it leaves the hair feeling nice, soft, and detangled.

When I first tried the moisture shine treatment--I fell in love. But it was short lived. What I have learned in order to get the BEST results from this conditioner is that:

*It's very concentrated so I MUST use a very small amount
*Leave it on for a very short amount of time--like 3 minutes MAX.

It does moisturize and provide shine to the hair as it promises, but I also noticed more shedding when I used it (on more than one occassion--so it wasn't a fluke). That's why I go for the reconstruct because the ingredients are very similar to the moisture shine but it strengthens the hair and doesn't cause shedding.

Try it out
smile.gif

I like the reconstruct better the the moisture conditioner. It makes my hair feel so much better.

The salon is called Vault Hair. Its in winnipeg manitoba...and the girl that specializes in relaxers is at a hair show in Toronto this week.

Thanks for your in depth reply Supergirl...I will make a consultation appointment with the stylist when she returns from the hair show and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Back