Deep Brilliance Relaxer...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Having been impressed thus far with all of the Deep Brilliance products that I have tried (impressed enough to give up PJism for good just about
) --when I went to get my touch-up today (JC Penney), I asked my stylist about the relaxer. My stylist said that they'd had a class on it but none of her clients had actually gotten it yet. She said it was $5 extra if I wanted to try it. I was about to say no, then remembered that I had a $5 off coupon so hey let's go for it!

It was the Lye formula that she used (I asked her to plus I don't even know if they make a no-lye) She showed it to me in the container--it was quite the little cream
--then she showed me the oils that are supposed to be mixed into it before it's applied. She showed me as she mixed it & it was even more creamy. I asked her if the oils made it straighten any less. She said no. Cool
BUT--when she started applying it--it didn't have that relaxer smell or feel. I didn't burn an ounce--I mean not even a tingle. I always burn some if not alot AND she always bases me. I'd just about convinced myself that the relaxer wasn't going to "take" because I didn't have a tingle. I started believing that there is no way that this can get my hair straight without burning me alittle. Crooked thinking? Maybe
--She rinsed the relaxer out, neutralized, then conditioned. The Deep Brilliance Moisture Conditioner & Reconstructor can be mixed depending on what your hair needs. The reconstructor itself is very moisturizing & contains no "hard" protein for those of you who are in the market for a gentle protein conditioner.

Long story short--Another wonderul product from Deep Brilliance. I'll be sticking with it. It relaxes just as well as the Affirm Lye formula that I had been getting previously. The newly relaxed hair was left silky, soft, & shiny--not bone straight, but not any less straight than with Affirm Lye. I love my Affirm Lye relaxer also, but the main reason I'll be switching is because I am not too crazy about the Affirm maintenance products (shampoo & conditioner) and Affirm doesn't retail their best products (5-in-1, Super Reconstructor, Sustenance Fortifying) . And I would rather use the same products & relaxer line & Deep Brilliance does retail the good stuff

You go Deep Brilliance

Also, my stylist said that this is an up & coming trend: that hair care companies that traditionally cater to "white" hair will be formulating relaxers for AA hair & coordinating products as Deep Brilliance has done. (DB is manufactured by Farouk, same company that manufactures Biosilk products) www.farouk.com

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Oh & DSD--a BIG shout out to you for the tip on taking a hot shower to get my hair to revert back. It worked
Thanks lady

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Oh & DSD--a BIG shout out to you for the tip on taking a hot shower to get my hair to revert back. It worked
Thanks lady

[/ QUOTE ]
Yay!

I am so glad it worked. You ought to post some pics of your hair with the new relaxer.

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Lulu,

Your hair looks great--SO thick

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine?
OR Stacey's???

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
YOURS Lulu! You know, the ones in your album

DSD,

I've been trying to upload the pics into my yahoo album, but Yahoo is trippin' right now

pooh123

Congrats Supergirl! It really sounds like a gentle yet effective relaxer. I'm glad you didn't get burned.

pooh123

T

Tee

I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz on this new relaxer system. The JC Penney stylists go on and on about it. I thought they were just promoting it because it earns them more money than Affirm, Mizani, etc. It looks like it may live up to the hype. I'm glad it worked well for you!

UmSumayyah

If I thought I could trust the stylist I went to at Penney's I might ask about it. *sigh*. Then again, there is another Penney's not too far away... maybe I will try out one more stylist before I give up on them altogether.

hondahoney007

I'm glad the relaxer worked for you. I use the Affirm lye relaxer now. I might have to give this relaxer a try. Do you know if we can purchase the relaxer or if it is just available at the salons. If we can purchase it I will definitely take it to the dominican salon I go to and let them put it in. Maybe the dominican salons will pick up on this new relaxer.

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
If I thought I could trust the stylist I went to at Penney's I might ask about it. *sigh*. Then again, there is another Penney's not too far away... maybe I will try out one more stylist before I give up on them altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give JCP another try. I suggest you call and ask to speak to the salon manager. Tell him/her what your expectations are and ask her to recommend the best stylist that will meet your needs. That's exactly what I did, and I'm very satisfied with my new JCP stylist.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Honda,

So far Deep Brilliance is available exclusively at JC Penney salons. I expect it to catch on elsewhere soon though--it's still a fairly new product line.

Amethyst

Hi Supergirl

I just took a look at your photo album and your hair has really grown. You've always had a beautiful head of thick, long hair. Keep up the great work, because all this hard work has really paid off for you. What an inspiration!