Deep Conditioning and Detangling Before Shampooing

MSCHICHI

I have been deep conditioning and detangling my hair before shampooing, for a while now with great results. It is a version of a pre-condition, only changed to a pre-deep condition. This drastically helps loosen tangles(speeding up the process), and untangling first helps prevent tangles from tightening and accumulating throughout the wash process.

I mix equal part of these ingredients:

1 part LeKair (aprox. 1/4 to 1/3 of a jar, you may need more, and you can use Queen Helene or similar conditioner)
1 part EVOO
1 part Suave Tropical Coconut(to stretch and thin the mixture out)

I try to let it sit for at least 30 min, but it can work in 15, and is even better for more than 30 min.

I don't use this with heat because this can cause the hair to dry and curl up more, making it hard to detangle.

I then rinse lightly, and start to work the tangles out with a wide-tooth comb, ends up, in about 4 sections side by side. I run water over my head as needed. I try to get almost all the tangles out. I then rinse most of the mixture out, then shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling.

After shampooing, I use Pantene Smooth and Sleek, leaving it in 5-10 minutes. After I rinse that out, I apply a small amount of Terax Crema conditioner and leave in. I take any leftover tangles out after that and proceed with styling.

I have been skipping my ACV rinses, but I have to start doing them again, because my hair has been suffering without them. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

VanillaDream80

Glad to hear you're having great results with this method. I think I'll give it a try the next time I wash my hair. I read somewhere a while back that it's better to condition the hair first, then wash, to remove any excess conditioner from the hair so that it won't be weighed down.

Tracy

Mschichi,

I love preshampoos and will re-add them to my rotuine as soon as my schedule calms down - but I was specifically interested in your reference to ACV rinses. I used to do these alot, but then stopped and have forgotten why and how they benefit the hair. Would you remind me why I liked them by telling why you like them and how they benefit the hair?

Sorry to hijack your post but I couldn't let you escape without asking. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MSCHICHI

Hey Tracy! (waving)

This is my first chance to get back to the computer and reply.

Thank you for the info you gave me on Sebastian's a while back. I'm happy to give you the ACV info in like turn.

I re-posted an old post I made with information about ACV, in response to a thread to Carmella recently, but I doubt it got noticed much, so I will re-re-post in a new thread as soon as I can.

Here is the link just for you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=17009&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If you are using a plain ACV and water mixture, Jade recommends you use a weak rinse, say, 2 teaspoons to every 8 oz, distilled water preferrably.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Julia

Hi MSCHICHI,

Thanks for the tip, I am going to try the pre-shampoo treatment.

I was thinking of investing in some Terax conditioner and shampoo. How do you find this product? It is made in Italy and is supposed to be really really good.