Deep Conditioning

mrshicks2002

I hope I dont sound silly, but what does deep conditioning mean.
To me I think when someone say DC that means sit under the dryer for however long with conditioner in your hair...This is what I do.

I have noticed by reading some others post that they will say they DC, but dont use any heat. Can use put on conditoner with a plastic cap and let sit for sometime.

SO is DC really when your use heat with conditoner?

LocksOfLuV

Some people DC over night, some people can DC for only 20 minutes, no heat etc.

But, my opinion is that a deep condition is like you stated. When you use heat to lift the cuticles so conditioner can enter. But that's just my opinion, and I am not discrediting anyone else's method of DCing.

I DC, with a cap, and heat for 35-40 minutes. My hair is unresponsive any other way.

glamazon386

mrshicks2002 said:
I hope I dont sound silly, but what does deep conditioning mean.
To me I think when someone say DC that means sit under the dryer for however long with conditioner in your hair...This is what I do.

I have noticed by reading some others post that they will say they DC, but dont use any heat. Can use put on conditoner with a plastic cap and let sit for sometime.

SO is DC really when your use heat with conditoner?

You don't have to use heat. I rarely do. I just leave it on for a longer period of time. Body heat in combination with the plastic cap will allow the conditioner to heat up and penetrate. I've also warmed the conditioner up first before putting it on my hair. A DC is just when you allow the conditioner to stay on longer and it's penetrates your strands deeper than a rinse out conditioner would. Some bottles of conditoner give you directions to do it with the cap under the dryer or to do it without heat. I know the ORS Pak tells you how to do it both ways.

mrshicks2002

Now that I know that I can DC without heat, I will be applying that. I hate getting out the hair dryer which I have a bonnet dryer, but still. I will just leave it on longer.

Thanks