Demi-Permanent Color

Ok, ok, I was originally going to put some Sebastian Colorshines in my hair, but when I got to the Professional BSS, I saw this color by Matrix, and it was absolutely beautiful. Well after I mixed and applied it and sat under the dryer for about 30 mins, the color wasn't what I expected. I expected bright gold/blonde hair. After reseraching, I found that the color I applied wasn't semi permanent it was demi-permanent. Demi-permanent color penetrates the hair shaft slightly, depositing color that is the same darkness level or darker than your natural hair color. Color is long-lasting (four to six weeks), and there's no demarcation line. There's not alot of peroxide and little or no ammonia. Ok that's all good, but it's not what I wanted, it's not shinny at all and my hair looks very dull. So what if I decided to put some Sebastian Colorshine over it, do you ladies think that will damage my hair since it's like a rinse and does the sebastian colorshine bleed alot? Thanks for all your help ladies

ccd

I don't know much about demi perms but I think a semi perm like Sebastian is gentle enough to apply over it. I would however, skip 2 weeks in between the processes. Deep condition for the 2 weeks then apply Sebasian....I would even apply it with a deep conditioner just to be safe.

ETA: I have been looking for the MAtrix colors but now your review might make me rethink it.....so your natural color is what? and what MAtrix color did you use?

ccd said:
I don't know much about demi perms but I think a semi perm like Sebastian is gentle enough to apply over it. I would however, skip 2 weeks in between the processes. Deep condition for the 2 weeks then apply Sebasian....I would even apply it with a deep conditioner just to be safe.

ETA: I have been looking for the MAtrix colors but now your review might make me rethink it.....so your natural color is what? and what MAtrix color did you use?

My natural color is dark brown with blonde streaks from about a year ago. I used the Matrix Colorsync in Gold.

Thanks for your advice, I was thinking of doing a deep conditioner for about two weeks then try, try again:lol: