Denman Brushes Discontinued !!

Would someone share with those of us who are out of the loop what the big deal is about Denman brushes?

I went to Sally's today and the Denman that were left out were not on sale. I asked her if there were any in the back and she went and got some and informed me that they were on clearance and then they were redlined, so I bought two of the number fives, I believe, for $3 each. I really hope I love them though I'm *still not sure why I bought them...:confused:

Leshia said:
I went to Sally's today and the Denman that were left out were not on sale. I asked her if there were any in the back and she went and got some and informed me that they were on clearance and then they were redlined, so I bought two of the number fives, I believe, for $3 each. I really hope I love them though I'm *still not sure why I bought them...:confused:
Well......if you dont think you want them, I'll take one off your hands!!!! :lachen: Seriously. :look:

delta_gyrl said:
Would someone share with those of us who are out of the loop what the big deal is about Denman brushes?
These brushes glide thru the thickest tangled hair with ease and it doesnt rip the hair out at all! As a natural that is EXACTLY what I need on wash day to detangle my hair. I have enough hair on my head for 3 people and I can detangle my whole head in less than 30 min with this brush and loose minimal hair. I love it!

naturallady said:
These brushes glide thru the thickest tangled hair with ease and it doesnt rip the hair out at all! As a natural that is EXACTLY what I need on wash day to detangle my hair. I have enough hair on my head for 3 people and I can detangle my whole head in less than 30 min with this brush and loose minimal hair. I love it!

Okay, there are so many mixed reviews on this. What is in your hair while you're detangling? i haven't tried it yet, but I don't want ripping hair, as others describe...(If I don't like it, I have two I can pass on to you...*wink*)

Leshia said:
Okay, there are so many mixed reviews on this. What is in your hair while you're detangling? i haven't tried it yet, but I don't want ripping hair, as others describe...(If I don't like it, I have two I can pass on to you...*wink*)
I put loads of conditoner on my hair and dont rinse it out until after I have brushed thru my hair in sections. As I finish each section I put a twist in it so it will stay detangled and then once I'm done I rinse the conditioner out. But IF you cant get with the bush.......slide it this-a way! :lol:

delta_gyrl said:

When I first went natural, everyone was talking about the Denman brushes and I said to myself "whatever - a brush is a brush is a brush". Finally, curiosity got the best of me and I purchased a Denman. It was like NO OTHER brush I had used! It detangled my hair from root to tip and the tips curled up so nice. It was definitely a keeper!

Now don't get me wrong, all Denman brushes are not the same... at least for my hair. I tried one that snagged and pulled my thick hair! The bristles were WAY too close to detangle my hair. The two that I use - paddle and another one with wider bristles (can't remember the number) - are the best ever!

I have a D3 and a D4. I like the D4 better. I'm relaxed though.

Denmans are heavy brushes, and no matter what you still need to take care when you use them. But they're fantastic for detangling.

The nearest Sally's to me isn't exactly all that close. But I'll have to check them out and see if they still have them this week.

Thank for the review on the paddle brush (not that I need it but its good for future reference;) )

-A

naturallady said:

Thanks for explaining!

ThePrincess725 said:
When I first went natural, everyone was talking about the Denman brushes and I said to myself "whatever - a brush is a brush is a brush". Finally, curiosity got the best of me and I purchased a Denman. It was like NO OTHER brush I had used! It detangled my hair from root to tip and the tips curled up so nice. It was definitely a keeper!

Now don't get me wrong, all Denman brushes are not the same... at least for my hair. I tried one that snagged and pulled my thick hair! The bristles were WAY too close to detangle my hair. The two that I use - paddle and another one with wider bristles (can't remember the number) - are the best ever!

:eek: So do you think they're more essential for naturals or ladies with thick hair?

delta_gyrl said:
:eek: So do you think they're more essential for naturals or ladies with thick hair?

I probably wouldn't use the ones I use if I were relaxed because my hair was not thick then... actually, I didn't use brushes at all when I was relaxed. But for those who are relaxed and have thick hair, I'd certainly give them a try. (The paddle brush would be great for wrapping, I would think.)

Back