Denman brushes

Salsarisma

Ok ladies. I've always been told that brushing your hair is bad. I threw all my brushes away except for a cheapie boar brush for my edges when I wear my hair back in a bun.

I've seen some posts and YouTube videos in which a denman brush is used. I went to the Denman website, and they sell soooo many different brushes that I didn't know where to start. So...ladies with denman brush knowledge, please post which denman you have and what you use it for. TIA!

melissa-bee

I have the d3 but they say the d4 is for afro type hair. However i've taken a few rows out of my d3 so it's a little better but i still don't use it much, maybe when i'm fully natural.

BronzyBella

I read somewhere that using a baby bristle brush is a lot safer for your hair. Has anyone tried it?

I use one on my edges sometimes. It's really soft and doesn't break my hair at all. It's not name brand or anything. It was a gift that someone had given to my daughter.

I purchased a miliatry brush from Sally's to use on my edges, and it would sometimes break hairs.

I've never used a denman brush but have been hearing good things about it as well.

FAMUDva

I have the D3 and D4.

ETA: And I agree that the D4 is used for blowing hair straight, but I use both when I'm wearing my hair curly and don't have hair loss, but that' just me.

Last edited:

ladylina

I have a D3 and I bought mine from Sally's I took out alot of the teeth and there is only three rows of teeth in mine. I still get my hair detangled and all the shed hair out, I am also relaxed too if that helps

tada1

I have the D3 and I think it doubles as a D31 as well if you use the correct technique. For example, one good way of getting out all your shed hair with minimal breakage is to use the TOP of the brush instead of using the SIDE. I might need to attach a picture to make this clear, but if you find that your hair is super tangled or it breaks whenever you try to brush it, try using the brush from the "wrong side". This has an effect similar to using a medium comb with multiple rows of teeth

Ozma

I have a D4 and use it for detangling wet hair, brushing dry hair and when I blow dry or flat iron.
I love it and am planning on purchasing a d41 also.