Dependency on a particular product or products - Whatcha gonna do if it goes away?

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I've never became too dependent on any particular product for too long. I'm too much of a PJ to constantly stick to a particual product for months on end, so I'd probably be a little upset, (i.e. when lacio lacio decided to switch their formula) but I'd have a back up for sure :yep:

LaNecia

Letitia said:
NOW....The product that would break my heart if it wasn't made anymore....My Hair2Heaven End All! I would have to make a special trip and sit in her home and plead my case WHY the product must be made to better the world of black hair care! (with a few tears of course for good measure.) :cry2:

Right now...the EndAll is the ENDALL (one stop shop) for my hair as far as oils go! If she changed the formula or stopped making it... :ill: :whyme: I'd be taking the trip with beside you...

Heck, it's on the verge of replacing my Oyin Whipped Pudding. I mean, there are other things I could use but...:nono: Let's not ponder the thought.

Let's not even talk about if I couldn't get my hands on henna...:whip:

yourleoqueen

As soon as I heard the word about the pending discontinuation, I would STOCKPILE! I do that already though. :lol:

Last edited:

DeepBluSea

Wildchild453 said:
I would cry and be in total denial if QB ever stopped being around. Its the only thing that makes my hair act right

OT: Wildchild those are some beautiful thick twists you got there.:)

LovelyLionessa

artemis_e. said:
I definitely agree with this.

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus...That time a poster said that it was d/c I was on the verge of tears. Then I promptly emailed Sally's and got the confirmation that it is still on the shelves and the crisis was averted.

*shuddering at the memories of that moment*

That was me, my Sally's stopped carrying it. :mad:

I am pretty dependent on my products, I don't like the idea of products changing formulas or even worse being discontinued. Just tonight, I noticed Tressemme changed the formula on their conditioners to something really different and high cone. :eek: Thank goodness I weaned myself off of it while Using Up my extra products. All my favorites I keep stockedpiled anywhere from 1 extra to 3 or more just in case of emergencies. :look:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
LocksOfLuV said:
I am dependant on CON shampoo. Totally dependant on it!:ohwell: It's my crack fix. Sometimes I sniff the bottle during the day to make me remember why I love it.

If that was to ever go anywhere then keracare detangling poo here I come.:look: But it won't be the same.

But yes Mona, I think about it all the time. I am confident in CON since they have been around for about 30 years and I don't see them going anywhere. It's the lines like Pantene, Sunsilk, Dove (mainstream drugstore lines) that like to change at the drop of the hat, so I try to avoid making those lines staples.

I notice that a lot of the 'black' lines have longevity like a mugg!:confused:
:lachen: :lachen: Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing that. I feel better.

Mestiza

Re: Dependency on a particular product or products - Whatcha gonna do if it goes away

MonaLisa said:
1) I agree with you regarding the WRTC - I would have a fit!

2) I like you & I want you to seek the help that you need.....soon...:lol: :lol:

I'm gonna find a 2 for 1 special and schedule appointments for both of us.

Mestiza

Re: Dependency on a particular product or products - Whatcha gonna do if it goes away

VWVixxen said:
Right now...the EndAll is the ENDALL (one stop shop) for my hair as far as oils go! If she changed the formula or stopped making it... :ill: :whyme: I'd be taking the trip with beside you...

Heck, it's on the verge of replacing my Oyin Whipped Pudding. I mean, there are other things I could use but...:nono: Let's not ponder the thought.

Let's not even talk about if I couldn't get my hands on henna...:whip:

I would throw a fit over henna, too. My hair is in love w/ it. :love: