Detangling/Washing 3 months post relaxed hair.

MissJ

I haven't had a relaxer in 3 months, and I'm wondering how I should go about washing my hair. I normally comb before washing, but haven't combed in days. Would combing before washing cause more breakage than washing tangled hair (I dunno how tangled it is) and then detangling?

Ashee

MissJ said:
I haven't had a relaxer in 3 months, and I'm wondering how I should go about washing my hair. I normally comb before washing, but haven't combed in days. Would combing before washing cause more breakage than washing tangled hair (I dunno how tangled it is) and then detangling?
Yes... :eek:
Wash the hair first or wet it with moisturizer (on the verge of soaking) & then detangle... I normally detangle with my fingers & then a medium wide tooth comb...
-HTH :look:

MissJ

Thanks. That really worked. Before washing I used VO5 Conditioner mixed with water and detangled the ends a bit. Then I washed, conditioned, and towel-dried. When it was time for the big detangling, I started from the bottom up, as someone suggested on the transitioner's thread. I hardly lost any hair at all, unlike the last time I washed.