Diamondlady - Hair Drama Update!!!

diamondlady

Some of you might remember, about 2 weeks ago I was crying, missing work, losing hair, and generally stressing. I've been MIA on the board because I get depressed thinking about my hair. Well, 2 doctors and 2 weeks later, still shedding, less crying.

I immediately went to my Primary Care Physician. She took blood tests. She didn't even look at my hair. I took the baggie full of hair and she acted as if she was afraid to touch it. She looked at it and smiled. She didn't know what a relaxer was and asked how often I needed to do this. She smiled a lot and said maybe it was my thyroid and told me to take some hair vitamins. I assured her that I took hair vitamins everyday.

She called me the next day and told me my thyroid medicine was too strong and that it could possibly be the reason for the hair loss.

Today, I went to the Black doctor who spealizes in skin, hair and nails. He looked at my scalp, pulled hair from my head, checked the strength of my hair strands, looked at the hair I brought in the baggie, asked many questions. He said he could not discount the thyroid problems but told me my hair was definitely chemically damaged.
He gave me a prescription for an oinment to use on my scalp each day, some shampoo to use once a week and he gave me some hair vitamins.

I told him about the vitamins I took: UltraNourisHair, biotin, MSM, evening primrose, flaxseed oil, calcium, Centrium. He told me to stop the UltraNourisHair, in favor of the vitamin he gave me and continue with everything else.

I have another appointment in 4 weeks. He praised me for only relaxing 3-to-4 times a year.

I'll keep you updated, he said I should see a lot of progress in the next 4 weeks.

daviine

Thanks for the update--I was concerned.

Please keep us updated.....

H

honey_jammz82

I am glad to hear you have gotten to the bottom of your problem...you and your hair seem to be getting on the right track now!

NGC

I'm glad you visited the doctors. I'm sure your headed in the right direction. I hope things improve for you and continue to improve.

diamondlady

Washed my hair for the first time with the prescribed shampoo. Hair was everywhere. There were a lot of short pieces (that's something new, the breakage had stopped some time ago with the Aphogee treatment)

I'm still hopeful, but if I have to start over, so be it. I have to get over the stressing and depressing. Right now I still have more hair than when I started almost 2 years ago.