did I dunk my hair in mud and not realize it?

naturalmanenyc

At the salon now (love this blackberry thing) and the new shampoo girl tried to wash me three times. I brought my CON but still....my hair did not need 3 shampoos. I stopped her when she reached for the bottle a third time. I diluted it already (added water to the bottle) but she did not know that. She then tried to comb my wet hair and I stopped her again and had her just put in my ORS for my dc. It been about 20 minutes (I added more time to the dryer). I am going to have it rollerset (using my HE LTR too) and have them blow the roots.

Will post pics later before our flight.

Added pics
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/attempt-at-flat-iro/

Last edited:

Caramela

In my experience, this is normal for salons... because some people just don't know better and commonly don't wash their hair often and might actually NEEDS the 3 lathers.

growth2come

This is why I decided to wash my hair and condition at home and they can just stray a bit of water on it when styling...or I will straighten at home if I am having it braided as the braider seems to think I am impressed with seeing smoke as she blow dries my hair - not!!!:nono:

I cant wait to see you pictures though

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
LOL! Girl, you betta let that shampoo girl KNOW! :lol: Who the hell lathers 3 times?! And I'm :rofl: that you're puttin the smack down on their a**es....

I can just picture the stylist going to put grease in your head and you put your hand up like :hand: ''Um, no. I don't DO grease. Use this'' *hands over LTR*

:lachen:

It's so refreshing seeing someone take charge of how the stylist manages their hair!! Can't wait to see pics :grin:

naturalmanenyc

Under the pibbs 514 now, at 50 degrees and its HOT!!! She was a bit rough with my hair at first, suggesting a relaxer, but after I gave her the "I will slap fire from you look" she eased up and the rest of the set went fine. I am only 14 weeks into transition. It was almost as if she was intentionally rough with my hair to prove a point about relaxing? She did use the he ltr leave-in with no questions or comments.

The best part is a full natural 4a walked in to get a rollerset. She passed her off to another stylist. Looks like I will need a new salon soon if her attitude does not change.

issidoll

It's great that you have the board from light entertainment whilst getting "done" . Hope they don't overcook you!:lachen::lachen::grin::lachen::lachen:

Inches411

yea i noticed that too when i went to the salon the other day. I think that they do that cause some ppl actually dont wash their hair for months.. Not us of course but some ppl dont know what we know so.. and to add to this what kind of shampoo do they use? They used some honey and almond basalm shampoo 3x times on my hair as well. I dunno i might have to bring my kenra shampoo next time cause i have a feeling thats why my scalp is always dry.

naturalmanenyc

LOL! Girl, you betta let that shampoo girl KNOW! :lol: Who the hell lathers 3 times?! And I'm :rofl: that you're puttin the smack down on their a**es....

I can just picture the stylist going to put grease in your head and you put your hand up like :hand: ''Um, no. I don't DO grease. Use this'' *hands over LTR*

:lachen:

It's so refreshing seeing someone take charge of how the stylist manages their hair!! Can't wait to see pics :grin:

The shampoo girl did try to put some olive cholesterol stuff in my hair AFTER my dc with ORS. I told her NO, STOP. lol lol lol I bet I freaked her out a little since her English was not that great.

naturalmanenyc

Turns out that the stylist who did my hair (with a shoulder length bone straight bob) is natural too!!! Her English was not that great and my Spanish is not that great but we were cool by the time I left and I will use her again.

My regular stylist up and moved to PA so I am on the hunt for a good stylist. This lady will do for now since she gets it that I am growing out my relaxer. She told me that I should only clip a little at a time and not do a BC. If she had not told me, I would have never guessed that she was not relaxed bone straight.