Did you perm/relax your hair yet?

BrownEyez22

:spinning:This is what my associate/friend just texted me.

My reply: Naw lol, I'm not getting a relaxer for a few more years, if I get one again. y?

Her reply: Man the phase in ur life need to hurry, so you can perm your hair....its okay I am at the beautyshop under the dryer for the both of us. LOL

She is so crazy and my only associate/friend that has given any negative feedback regarding my choice to wear my hair chemical free. Do any of you ladies have friends like this or is just me? Why does it have to be only a phase?

tocktick

It can only be a "phase" to them because they're brainwashed *shrugs* :ohwell:. They can't possibly see why you would be relaxer free for longer than a couple of months. It's sad (and bizarre when you think about it) that wearing your hair how it naturally grows out of your scalp is considered a "phase" to some people.

I would have thought it was all laughs and jokes with your friend had you not said she was actually against you being natural. I'm not sure why your friend, or people like her that I've known, are so uneasy about natural hair. It's very telling, imo.

laCriolla

she sounds insecure

I have relaxed friends, I have natural friends, and we all respect each other's decisions. We are not friends because of our hair, and no one reads too deep into the other's choices.

In fact, I used to be a natural friend, and some naturals were relaxed... it shouldn't change your personality

brucebettye

I had problems with that in the beginning and my hair is texlaxed not natural I just don't wear it straight anymore. But since my hair has grown out I don't get anymore negative feedback just positive. As your hair gets longer she may even decide to go natural or just stop all that negative talk. Or she may just be jealous.

lilsparkle825

i have gotten negative feedback from both friends and family...some of which has disappeared since my hair is growing (SN: why do people always think if you cut your hair off it's gonna stay that length...) but some of which i still get. HOWEVER, i can usually see right through them and know that they are poking fun and not being TOO serious. i didn't see what your friend said as being funny at all.

BrownEyez22

Thanks ladies for responding! This friend has complimented me on my natural hair when she finally saw it, but she is still asking me about when I'm relaxing.

Maybe she is insecure:ohwell:. Thanks again!