Hair seasons.....

hottopic

Everything has a season. Everything that is new will become old. In order for something to flourish, it must go through trials. My hair has its seasons, but now I know it. I can honestly say, I know my hair now. What works for your hair….? Like a farmer, we have to have an almanac, to maximize growth. Each phase my hair passes through, I realize I have to change routine or product or frequency. What does your almanac look like? Here is an example of mines.

Phase I (after perm-2 months) (Winter)
-Wash at least 2-3 times a week
(2 conditioned wash, 1 shampoo wash and deep condition)
*Any shampoo will do, and VO5 w/protein mixed with olive oil for conditioned wash.....
-I can style any way I want without thinking.
-Use hardly (or no) weave, braids, wigs, etc.....

Phase II (2 months-3 months) (Spring)- Time of real growth.
-Wash 1-2 times a week
(1 conditioned wash, 1 shampoo wash and deep condition w/OLIVE OIL DEEP CODITIONER)
-All protective styles(braids, buns, cute tucked styles) Style only when my hair is washed. Keep ends tucked.
-hard core protein treatment

Phase III (3 months-4 months) (Summer)
-Wash once a week (deep condition with finesse w/protein & olive oil, shampoo Paul Mitchell, Deep Condition, wash, quick conditioner)
- Wigging it.... (braids underneath)

Phase IIII -Fall time to reap the harvest (A perm)

Last edited:

ayoung

I agree.

I am newly relaxed---but know that most likely I won't be able to handle/wash/style my hair in a few months like I am now.

Not sure what I am going to do yet, other than protective styles---but I do like your 'almanac'.

Thanks for posting.

hottopic

You welcome, thank you for reading. I thought about this last night and listed it in my "About me section" on my fotki. Everyone's hair is sooo different. Some people can go 6 months without perm, and some only 2 months. I thought about it and realized that I am the farmer and I have to tend to my crops (hair) to get the best out of it. Some seasons the harvest (new growth) are better than others.