Did You Used to Dream of having a Bouncy Ponytail

HighlyFavored1

When I was little I used to really want a full, high ponytail that bounced and swung when I walked. I guess just like my female peers with long full hair :ohwell:.

Something about a ponytail that swangs just looks healthy and soft. I was looking on Allure.com today and they were talking about how the high, bouncy ponytail is really back in style this summer.
http://www.allure.com/magazine/2008/02/subindex_video

Did you used to really want a ponytail that swang? Do you still? Have you achieved one? Or are you too worried about those ends brushing against your shirt collar to try it out :grin:

Now that my hair is thickening up a bit I almost made it happen but I cant figure out the right sort of band to use.

trit01_vid_bouncytail.jpg

I did!! I kind of still do.. :lol: I'm APL right now, I don't have the full, swingy high ponytail yet.

But kind of OT: I'm really liking the "new twists" vid... :look: :lachen: .... always looking for that protective style...

Still do, since I cut my hair. It's growing back though. But I kinda, sorta regret cutting it now..:ohwell:

Last edited:
Highlyfavored, judging by your avi picture, I'm sure your pony would swing and bounce! I know what you mean about the pony though. I have my hair in a pony tail today and I've been swing my hair. Whip, whip, air, whip whip. Its different though when the wind takes it naturally as opposed to mid grade-whip blash from turning your neck to hard (like me.) :lachen:Just waiting for the right gush of wind.

I still dream of it, especially now since I'm more into hair and know that it can be accomplished.

OT: HighlyFavored, your hair is looking good girl, looks like you already have that bouncy ponytail.

I've always wanted a bouncy ponytail, but I haven't been able to make one for a different reason - I wear WL extensions and the braids are too long/thick to make it. I'm also very afraid of heat on my own hair, so no ponytails for me anytime soon. =(

I did!! I kind of still do.. :lol: I'm APL right now, I don't have the full, swingy high ponytail yet.

But kind of OT: I'm really liking the "new twists" vid... :look: :lachen: .... always looking for that protective style...

Yea I watched that video too and the buns looked great. Did you notice how he braided weave into that one style with the twisted-braidy-bun? It added fullness but was undetectable...not sure if I have those skills but I am sure a lot of women on here could do that style easily!

Highlyfavored, judging by your avi picture, I'm sure your pony would swing and bounce! I know what you mean about the pony though. I have my hair in a pony tail today and I've been swing my hair. Whip, whip, air, whip whip. Its different though when the wind takes it naturally as opposed to mid grade-whip blash from turning your neck to hard (like me.) :lachen:Just waiting for the right gush of wind.

:lachen: LOL thats funny, I can just picture someone doing that. When I do the rare high ponytail I definitely notice that I add a little bounce to my walk. Its fun :) And thanks for the compliment!

Back