DLewis-A quick question

Kurlee

I was just over in off topic reading about ur sirenesque self and I checked out ur fotki. All i have to say is :blush:. Ur hair is LOVELY! Its has nice thickness shine! I noticed that you texlax. I'm a natural and when i press my hair out its about ur length. I wanted to know what relaxer u use and how long u keep it in. I'm considering texlaxing (maybe it jus the humidity talking cuz its hoooooooooooot and sticky today:drunk:), so I want to hear from you as to what u use and how you take care of that lucious hair? Do u color as well?

TIA

Thanks!

dlewis

I use Lady Velvet Mild.

What I do is:

Base my scalp with vaseline and apply the relaxer to the new growth quickly. Then working the relaxer through again. So that's a total of two times. The relaxer stays on approx 5-7 mins sometimes less than that. Then rinse always starting with the section I relaxed first.

With the last relaxer I only worked it through once and DH said the relaxer didn't take because the roots are so thick and nappy :look:. But my hair does seams stronger and I may continue to do this.

I just bought another container and got Regular this time because that's all they had. I don't know if I'll try this or return it.

ETA: after rinsing
poo with neutralizing poo 3-4 times
use Stabilizer - to bring ph balance to normal
condition
Hot oil treatment
lite poo
deep condition

Last edited:

dlewis

MY REGIMEN

I wash twice weekly

- prepoo with Amla Oil for by 1/2 hour by apply the oil onto dry hair, covering hair with plastic cap and covering cap with hot towel

- wash with VO5 Extra Body

- Use Amla Oil Lite for about 15 mins by apply oil onto wet hair, covering hair with plastic cap and covering cap with hot towel

- Condition with VO5 Extra Body conditioner

- Once rollerset I apply oil to the end of hair everyday

- Deep condition once monthy with Amla Oil by
Apply Amla Oil to clean hair, cover with cap and sit under dryer for 30 mins.

BUT this summer I've been CW daily and bunning it. I've DC once this summer.

No, I don't color but I'm thinking about it. I have lots and lots a grey.

Thank you:blush:

Kurlee

Thanks DLewis, I've never heard of Lady Velvet. Is it lye or no-lye? Ur regimen seems really simple, not tooo extravagant at all.

Kurlee

Lol! Thanks for the quick replies! Off to do some research, not sure if i wanna texlax yet, but ur hair looked so good, I was sooooo reaching for a comb and a tub or relaxer.

dlewis

Lol! Thanks for the quick replies! Off to do some research, not sure if i wanna texlax yet, but ur hair looked so good, I was sooooo reaching for a comb and a tub or relaxer.

Thank you. Just be sure because you would hate to cut your hair off and start over. I'm headed to bed now.:yawn: