Do conditioning washes cause build up?

Miosy

Hi Ladies,
Sorry if this is an old subject but I could not find a thread on it. I've heard so much about conditioning washes. I have been debating to incoporate it into my regime because I have been washing my hair every 2-3 days. Are these washes enough to get the oils and dirt out. I was wondering if there would be build up on my hair? Wouldn't the build up (if any) possibly impede hair growth? I dunno

G

I haven't noticed any build up. I may shampoo once every 2 weeks or so. Other than that, it's conditioner every other day.

CORBINS

Hey Miosy,
I have been doing conditioning washes for about 4 weeks and it did cause a build up. Just last week I had to use shampoo in my hair because the buildup got so bad that I could still see white residue after rinsing. I started putting the conditioner on the ends only and everything is much better now.

ny2atl

I haven't noticed any buildup. I do, however, use a clarifying shampoo once a month for a deep cleansing.

Cres81

I have gotten buidlup from conditioning washes, but it all depends on what you do with your hair during the day. For example, if you exercise frequently, you will be more prone to getting buildup.

GinuwinesBoo

i dont know if it was build up but my hair felt heavy like i didnt do anything but wet it. i have to have shampoo all the time

AMBERSKYE

I suggest using a clarifying shampoo at least once a month.
A clarifying shampoo is the best solution! This will eliminate unnecessary heaviness and dullness of the hair. I find that my hair appears shinier after a clarifying shampoo.
(I haven't incorporated conditioner washes into my hair regimen as of yet, but I plan to do so very soon)

KittenLongPaw

It depends on what products you use. I think a lot of people just try to grab any old conditioner with any ingredients and wash with that, but that won't always work. I avoid anything with mineral oil, petrolatum on silicones (any ingredient ending in -cone). I also make sure to clarify with clarifying condioner every few days (VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze is a good one) and with a clarifying rinse (Apple Cider Vinegar) about once a week. I don't use any styling products and if I did, they would have the same ingredient specifications as my shampoo (no mineral oil, silicones or petrolatum).
I haven't used ANY shampoo in 4 months and my hair looks shiny and fabulous!

sweetdaises2000

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest using a clarifying shampoo at least once a month.
A clarifying shampoo is the best solution! This will eliminate unnecessary heaviness and dullness of the hair. I find that my hair appears shinier after a clarifying shampoo.
(I haven't incorporated conditioner washes into my hair regimen as of yet, but I plan to do so very soon)

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly!

sweetcocoa

I do if I do them more than 3 days in a row. If I'm exercising than I just shampoo....if I didn't exercise and I did one the night before...I just rinse with plain distilled water or mist with distilled water.

Stormy

When I get build up it's due to the styling products and moisturizers I use. That's what makes my hair feel weighed down and full of gook when wet. When I shampoo it's gone. I use clarifying shampoos every few weeks too.

Karonica

I notice that my hair is a bit weighed down more with them, thus making it harder for my hair to curl and wave for particular styles like wet-n-go.

prettygirl

no build up,but I try to use a clarifying shampoo every two weeks. So using the clarifying shampoo could have gotten rid of the build up

jellynote

I don't get build up and I do co washes 3 times a week and I wash my hair 2 times a week and I use clarfying shampoo once a month also.

Miosy

The reason I asked about this wash is because when I tried it my hair felt heavy when dried. I did use cholestral, I don't know if that caused it. Maybe this is too heavy? I tried Suave and Aussie in the past but I got excess tangles....I really do want to limit shampoo.

Victorian

old head
I co wash every other day and poo once a week. No build up so far but I plan to get a clarifying poo to use once a month since I'm using heavier leave-ins (profectiv).