DO-IT-YOURSELF.....HOME COLORING!

A856

Hello all!

I'm hoping you can all help me and or guide me in the right direction.
I wanna give myself some highlights....
Yea...No i don't know what I'm doing:look:...I've tried once before but to no avail the color didn't take (used texture n tones...golden brown or something like that)i got chickend after 30 min of it being on my hair and rinsed it off....and NO COLOR:nono:

first i need tips as to section off and protect the hair that i'm NOT dyeing....

second a recommendation of a good brand to use...(i was gonna go back to jazzings....i remember my old hair stylist used this and it took pretty well...)

so ladies post some old threads and or tutorials if you like, I'll gladly go thru them before i do the do....

and or just type it out in plain english:grin:

TIA!!!

:look: **** sorry having technical difficulties over here***

Ummm the question is:

How do you highlight??

I need pics/tutorials and or links to previous threads on how to do your own highlights...

I also need recommendations on which brand to use...I've tried texture and tones but to no avail....color didn't take after 30min.

any suggestions....please and thank you!

:look: **** sorry having technical difficulties over here***

Ummm the question is:

How do you highlight??

I need pics/tutorials and or links to previous threads on how to do your own highlights...

I also need recommendations on which brand to use...I've tried texture and tones but to no avail....color didn't take after 30min.

any suggestions....please and thank you!

***BUMPING***

sorry for the double posts...but i see other threads have this issue too:blush:....

sooo anyone:look:

:wave: I'm a DIY-er with the hair colour, there's a thread here by Tracy on colour and care but I can't seem to find it, used to be bookmarked too:perplexed

Anyhoo i've recently had the same problems you have NO colour seems to lighten my hair anymore, the lightest I get recently is a dark medium brown (I like honey blonde:ohwell:) Since LHCF I'm paranoid about using bleach straight up with the powder like I used to so I've tried, Schwarzkopf, Loreal, Textures & Tones, Dark & Lovely (and a few I can't remember) and they all suck in giving me the shade I want first time out. Jamila (definitely check hers out or PM her)and the other ladies here Golden.. (something sorry can't remember) put me on to Luminize by clairol and I've been lightening my hair with it, I have done this 3 times already in the last few months and have a light auburn colour I'll keep going till I get the shade I want (honey blonde).

Jenteel also colours and her hair is gorgeous but she now gets it done professionally at Aveda. I'm double processed and I use a lot of protein products (Aphogee 2 step and Aveda DR are my BFF) but also Nexxus Humectress for balance, my hair is healthy with the colouring Thank God! HTH

HOTHair thank you so much for the info!! OK so you just gave me a glimmer of hope with this color thing.

Thanks again!

Back