The Difference between bleaching and coloring

Denim And Leather

Last month, I colored my hair the Bigen color expressions, the one where you just add water (I got honey blonde, but chickend out and left it on for 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes, so it came out reddish).

I'm ignorant when it comes to hair coloring, so excuse me for asking this question, but is this considered bleaching the hair? I want to use the Phytospecific relaxer, and noticed that Phyto cannot be used on bleached hair. Is using the Bigen Expressions a form of bleaching the hair?

Thanks!

SohoHair

Okay, this is absolutely absurd, you are most certainly my hair twin, because I am curious about using Bigen myself! How was it? Did it dry your hair out? Any damage or breakage? I really want to use it but I'm hearing conflicting testimonies as to how safe/gentle it is. Sorry I can't really answer you question though. I just know that the rule is that you want to color a perm, not perm a color, i.e. you want to relax your new growth, then color it, not the other way around.

PinkAngel

i think bleaching is just that, when you add bleach (powder) to your color to lighten. Hopefully some of the other ladies will chime in

Denim And Leather

SohoHair said:
Okay, this is absolutely absurd, you are most certainly my hair twin, because I am curious about using Bigen myself! How was it? Did it dry your hair out? Any damage or breakage? I really want to use it but I'm hearing conflicting testimonies as to how safe/gentle it is. Sorry I can't really answer you question though. I just know that the rule is that you want to color a perm, not perm a color, i.e. you want to relax your new growth, then color it, not the other way around.

Hey there, Soho! It is becoming more obvious that we are hair twins, huh? :lol:

To answer your questions, as far as breakage, I didn't see any, but the area that I colored does look dry, but not too much. At the time I did my color, I did it two weeks after my touch-up.

After this experience, I sorta think that the Bigen Expressions is not any different that the other permanent hair colors on the market.

SohoHair

Denim And Leather said:
Hey there, Soho! It is becoming more obvious that we are hair twins, huh? :lol:

To answer your questions, as far as breakage, I didn't see any, but the area that I colored does look dry, but not too much. At the time I did my color, I did it two weeks after my touch-up.

After this experience, I sorta think that the Bigen Expressions is not any different that the other permanent hair colors on the market.

Hmmm interesting interesting:scratchch , now is this the newfangled Bigen color, or the old school one in the yellow box with the Japanese lady in the kimono on it? Sorry for all the questions, but I really just want to get this right, my hair is really healthy right now and I'd hate to damage it with by coloring it...:perplexed

Denim And Leather

SohoHair said:
Hmmm interesting interesting:scratchch , now is this the newfangled Bigen color, or the old school one in the yellow box with the Japanese lady in the kimono on it? Sorry for all the questions, but I really just want to get this right, my hair is really healthy right now and I'd hate to damage it with by coloring it...:perplexed

Hey, chicka! No prob about all the questions! :)

The Bigen I used is this one:

http://www.bigen-usa.com/products_xpressive.html

This is supposed to be really good for African American hair. And like I said, I didn't experience any breakage, just a little more dry looking.

I think that since you're not sure, do a little more research, and if you still wish to go ahead and color, I would start with maybe a couple of strands, real small amounts, so if there's any problems, you didn't make a mistake on your whole head of head.

HTH :D

SohoHair

:clapping: , yay, thank you for the link and the info, you are the best hair twin ever!:grin:

Bumping for someone to answer your original question...:look:

Denim And Leather

SohoHair said:
:clapping: , yay, thank you for the link and the info, you are the best hair twin ever!:grin:

Bumping for someone to answer your original question...:look:

Thank you, chicka! I'm glad to be of help! :D If you have any other questions on this Bigen product I used, let me know, I still have some left in my bathroom.