Do you Baggy??

Do you baggy your hair?

• Yes

Votes: 163 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 141 46.4%

• Total voters

MizAvalon

I did it for about 6 months after I first joined. I gave it a good honest try but I didn't really care for it. It didn't hurt my hair but I don't know how much it helped it.:ohwell:

paradise79

I baggy, and I love it. I used do it at least 3 times per week and if in good mood 4 times. I leave it the whole night and sometimes the whole day under a bun cover. I use S-curl, glycerin and seal with castor oil. My rageddy ends are well moisturized :lick: and smooth after.

MizAvalon

I baggy, and I love it. I used do it at least 3 times per week and if in good mood 4 times. I leave it the whole night and sometimes the whole day under a bun cover. I use S-curl, glycerin and seal with castor oil. My rageddy ends are well moisturized :lick: and smooth after.

You've gotten some really good growth in 6 months.:yep:

Aggie

Question about baggying- I tried to do my whole head and it would smell kind of soggy, like corn chips:blush::nono:. I would do it when I am about to go out of town or when I am about to wear a wig, but the smell it a :nono:.

I am just scared I will get a fungus or something growing in my head, which with all that moisture and stuff, probably did......:ohwell:

Anyone else get the "smell" and if you did what did you do about it?

The bolded is unlikey if you are cleaning your hair and scalp every week. Besides this sounds to me like you are actually pre-pooing your hair rather than baggying or are you doin both in one? When I baggy, my hair ends are moistened a little with a water based moisturizer but not dripping wet and then sealed with an oil. I cannot imagine a fungus growing in my hair this way, but then again I deep condition twice a week and I co-wash 3-4 times a week so my hair is always kept clean and the constant moisture is actually helping my hair grow faster.

As for the smell, my hair is never ever smelly, never! Like Energist said, the only way there would be a smell is if you are using some of the ayurveda oils to seal your hair with. I do use the amla oil and other ayurveda oils but that's only when I do my overnight pre-poos.

Last edited:

LadyKaypnyc

I only baggy when I feel like my hair needs a little something extra. After I cowash, I add my fav moisturizer, seal with JBCO or coconut oil, then cover with a plastic cap overnight.

SouthernTease

I have been baggying for about a year and a half
whole head 95% of the time...
I used to not use anything...
now I use glycerin & aloe vera.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I just started to baggy my ends only since this past thursday everyday/everynite. I wear my scraf over the bag when I go out, and wash my hair every 2 to 3 days, so far my ends are very juicy, and thicken up. This will help very greatly for my next relaxer which will be sometime in October. One thing I notice since doing this method I have to do more protein based deep conditioners because my hair is too soft for a moisture-based conditioner. I use scurl, bb oil moisturizer, aloe vera gel and glycerin, and shea butter with carrot oil cream, and seal with either coconut, peppermint, and rosemary oil, or wild growth oil.

mistee11

I baggied Fri. nite with Aphogee 2 Min Keratin Reconstructor. I really like baggying because it helps to manage new growth. I'm trying to stretch my relaxer for another 2 weeks as I will be 6 weeks post this coming Wed. I stretched my last relaxer from March to June but that proved to be really bad for my hair. Of course then I wasn't baggying or cowashing but I was deep conditioning. My hairstylist was out sick for about 8 weeks too so that also jacked me up! But I will get back on the wagon. I also like to baggy with KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Conditioner.

morehairplease

I started baggying again this past Friday and my hair is really thanking me for it. I hope to see some great growth & maintain moisture b/c my tresses so need it.

chebaby

i think i baggy?:perplexed but i dont really know if this is considered baggying.

about three times a week i saturate my whole head with ojon restorative treatment and then cover with a shower cap and go to sleep. when i wake up i co wash and wet bun. my hair loves this.

LadyEuphoria007

I used to baggy when I first did the BC but I noticed some serious breakage so I stopped.

I might baggy every once in a blue moon if I feel I need too though.

I let my hair determine my regimen.

hurricane

i think i baggy?:perplexed but i dont really know if this is considered baggying.

about three times a week i saturate my whole head with ojon restorative treatment and then cover with a shower cap and go to sleep. when i wake up i co wash and wet bun. my hair loves this.

I have the ojon products. Do you think they are worth the price? I'm trying to decide whether to stick with this line or not. I've have only had two shampoos and two conditions with the product but it is expensive. Plus I don't want to keep switching products. I want to incorporate it with the ayuverdic powders.

Sui Topi

I tried with that coconut oil before bed thing (I would put conditioner and seal with coconut oil. But when I woke up my scalp was sooooo itchy! Even after washing my scalp was itchy. I think I let this happen 2 times. Whats the deal with that?

Geminigirl

Do you baggy? If so, how often? What product(s) do you baggy with?? I heard that some people use vaseline. How long do you leave the bag on? Thanks for your answer in advance. :yep:

I used to baggy often but now it's as needed. I baggy with my mositrizer and oil. Usually s-curl and my choice of oil. I leave the bag on overnight and sometimes during the day until I go out.

I usually put my hair in a ponytail and tear a tash bag and wrap that around my ends. Or I will put my hair in four ponytail and do the same thing with the trashbag but on all four ends.

mistee11

I tried with that coconut oil before bed thing (I would put conditioner and seal with coconut oil. But when I woke up my scalp was sooooo itchy! Even after washing my scalp was itchy. I think I let this happen 2 times. Whats the deal with that?

It sound like an allergic reaction.

brucebettye

I baggy every night. I use s-curl, castor oil, vaseline, olive oil, hair grease, conditioner, and deep conditioner over night (product junkie). It works wonders on my hair since I wear my hair curly every day and only air dry my hair.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
^^^You use all thaat at one time? Does you hair feel really oily in the morning or does your hair suck it all up?

Caramel Jewel

seriously ladies...what is baggy....I'm assuming it not a plastic cap...if it is then yes, every time I DC...it keeps most of the water away as I go about my business:)

Nonie

seriously ladies...what is baggy....I'm assuming it not a plastic cap...if it is then yes, every time I DC...it keeps most of the water away as I go about my business:)

Baggying is putting on a plastic cap usually after applying some product on your hair but not necessarily, and leaving the cap on so the product can penetrate the hair and keep it moisturized. People do this to the ends of their hair when wearing fake ponies (Check out adrienne0914's album, the one on the drawstring pony. She demonstrates this. So does Dontspeakdefeat in her album of "How to Baggy"). People like me baggy the whole head, but I don't use any products. I just put on a plastic cap every night in lieu of scarves or bonnets or nets. I also baggy when wearing headwraps.

Lovestyr

no , i dont baggy my hair . i have been thinking about trying it considering all these good things i have been hearing about it. i wear my hair in alot of protective styles so i cant baggy often . i may can baggy when i take my hair down and try it to see how it comes out ?.....:yep:

vnaps

the conditioner might have built up....maybe if you clarify or do an acv rinse it might help....you should also try not using conditioner and see what happens......if it persists then maybe baggying is not for you....imo

i baggy my whole head when needed.... i dont usually add products but i think i will put glycerine and aloe vera gel this time round

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I voted yes- I baggy every night after I moisturize (diluted conditioner) and seal with jojoba oil

productjunkie814

the conditioner might have built up....maybe if you clarify or do an acv rinse it might help....you should also try not using conditioner and see what happens......if it persists then maybe baggying is not for you....imo

i baggy my whole head when needed.... i dont usually add products but i think i will put glycerine and aloe vera gel this time round

Hmm, that might be my issue. I baggy my ponytail and whole head separately to up my moisture game and try and eliminate these single strand knots, and I have been running into the itching issue. I might try misting my ponytail with conditioner and the rest of my hair with mango butter...I'm glad I came into this thread!

panamoni

Just wanted to add that if you've tried it and didn't like it -- maybe try again with another product. I started off baggying with Hawaiian Silky 14n1, and my hair would come out damp and matted each day, no matter now much I used. Then, I tried it with Harveda's Whipped Cream and it's been coming out nice and moisturized. So, trial and error goes for baggying too.