Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Yes (daily)

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Yes (just for styling)

Votes: 153 36.7%

• Total voters

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Just wondering how many people still brush their hair, me personally I haven't brush my hair since feb. I only use combs and my fingers.

For the purpose of this thread I mean brushing of any type, whether it's daily brushing or just for styling!

Last edited:

discodumpling

Never. I threw the brush out 'cause I got tired of pulling out my hair for no reason. I don't do smooth edges and my buns are loose.

Mrs.Green

You know what I may get beat up for this but *grab your pearls* I comb and brush everyday :look:. I like neat hair.

Though I do use the jubileer shower comb and a boar bristle brush, and I'm gentle and its always wet hair with conditioner *i use a little to moisturize*. So I don't loose much if any hair.

fluffylocks

I believe i made a thread either asking people this, or what type of brush they use...Let me go find that and i'll edit that in this post may be helpfull to you.

Only 37 people answered the poll, and 11 responded, but here goes
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=192121

Anyway, i brought a denman, boar bristles, round bruhses...and ever since i stopped using brushes 2/3 years ago i still havent went back...always feels wrong when i try
I use a toothbrush on my edges though.
I kept wondering though when i tried to do smooth ponytails/buns why they didnt look like they used to and it was because i didnt use a brush. Boar bristles are supposed to be the safest though

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

Oh, I am so guilty. That paddle brush just feels soooooo good on my scalp. I am relaxed, so I don't have to deal with tangles. It usually flows right through my hair.

Mrs.Green

Oh, I am so guilty. That paddle brush just feels soooooo good on my scalp. I am relaxed, so I don't have to deal with tangles. It usually flows right through my hair.

I know :lachen:. I'm relaxed to. The only time I get nervous is when I'm 8-12 weeks post. I always wet bun and it's not so flowing through the hair :lachen:.

nichole21

Yes, but only with a wide tooth brush with soft balls on the tips

dream13

Same here. I brush with a paddle brush nearly everyday. I use it to wrap, to smooth my edges, and to pull my hair back into a neat pony.

LaPetiteCoquette

I use a boar bristle brush everyday to smooth my hair into its boring protective bun or ponytail. It is always after moisturizer is slathered on it and I thoroughly wet my brush so it's a little smoother on my hair.

chebaby

yep. i havent used it in a while because i've been wet bunning. today i used the FHI that i bought yesterday and didnt use a brush. normally i use it to do my wraps but i dont think i need it much anymore. but i wont throw it away. i have a round brush and a paddle brush.

Cichelle

Sometimes I use a Denman brush for removing shed hair on conditioned or oiled wet hair after I have detangled with a seamless comb.

foxieroxienyc

Yep I do too.

1. My Denman D3 brush for detangling which leave my hair very :lick::lick::lick:. Use with almost every wash when stretching.
  2. My new Conair Tourmaline roundbrush (half boar bristle and half bristles with the round balls on the end) that I use to blow out my roots when roller setting and in the middle of a 4 month stretch!
  3. A paddle brush which I hardly use
  4. A boar bristle brush which I hardly use

song_of_serenity

I brush the top layer to smooth it down with a boar bristle brush. I also get it brushed in a wrap at the stylists, but after that, since it already has the shape, I "finger comb" it into a wrap.
~*Janelle~*

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I do for styling. I apply a product to my edges (currently using Komaza Coconut Balm. GREAT for laying my edges down!!!) gently brush my edges down with a boar bristle brush and tie a satin scarf over my edges to lay them flat. I don't brush any other hair but the edges :yep:

RosesBlack

I brush gently otherwise my buns looked jacked up. I noticed though that my huge oval paddle brush rarely if ever pulls. I only brush if I've already completely detangled and my NG isn't going buck wild that day.