Do you 'gwease' your scalp?

Bubblingbrownshuga

I started back doing this and now I alternate between Nature's Blessing Pomade and Treasured Locks Herbal Hair Balm. My scalp has been less tight and itchy since. I only do this after thoroughly washing my hair. What about you ladies?

I actually suffer from a dry and itchy (loads of dandruff) scalp too, but I do not grease my scalp.

I use Head-n-shoulders 'Dry formula' shampoo/conditioner to handle my scalp and it actually does wonders for my scalp but not for my hair :nono: so I am looking for a replacement shampoo/conditioner

Yep sure do. I grease my scalp every other day with Sulfur 8. I've been doing it for about a month and so far so good. No problems from it.

Yes. I use mineral oil/petroleum free pomades or oils. I always laugh when people talk about not greasing the scalp, because I have to within 24 hours of washing my hair or all heck will break loose. I only apply it to my scalp and it drinks it up.

Only if it feels itchy. Then I use Hollywood Beauty Sulphur Medicated Scalp Treatment. I think it works as well as Sulfur 8, just cheaper and comes in a bigger container.

I don't grease my scalp anymore. Instead I'll just apply some essential oils close to the roots but I don't apply heavy grease anymore (since LHCF) I realized that if my hair is washed really well and moisturized really well (oil rinses help) that I don't need to do it anymore. My hair feels much lighter now, especially when I straighten it.

By the way I used to LOVE Nature's Blessings! I haven't used that in so long you took me back :)

I actually suffer from a dry and itchy (loads of dandruff) scalp too, but I do not grease my scalp.

I use Head-n-shoulders 'Dry formula' shampoo/conditioner to handle my scalp and it actually does wonders for my scalp but not for my hair :nono: so I am looking for a replacement shampoo/conditioner

Try putting in a squeeze bottle and apply it to yuor scalp before washing. Also look into the elasta qp scalp stimulating conditioner. It is amazing

I don't usually. However I've been keeping a jar of optimum scalp quencher in the fridge for basing and sometimes after sitting under the dryer, I oil my scalp with that cold cream, ooh, it feels so good!

Only if it feels itchy. Then I use Hollywood Beauty Sulphur Medicated Scalp Treatment. I think it works as well as Sulfur 8, just cheaper and comes in a bigger container.

:blush: Whattt??? I'm gonna have to look into that I love to save a dollar. Thanks for the info

I alternate from grease or oil. At the moment I am using WGO or Castor Oil (the JBCO or Hollywood) or Emu Oil.

I stopped greasing my scalp years ago, my scalp was always dry and needed oiling until I stopped and starting deep conditioning more often.

I started back doing this and now I alternate between Nature's Blessing Pomade and Treasured Locks Herbal Hair Balm. My scalp has been less tight and itchy since. I only do this after thoroughly washing my hair. What about you ladies?

I oil once a week to keep the dandruff away. :yep:

I always did and I always will. When I was permed I used the same grease I use now castor oil in the green and white bottle.

I use Nature's Blessings every now and then, when I think about it only in the winter or when I'm in cornrows or flat twist. DCing 2x's a wk. mainly keeps my hair and scalp moist.

I was actually just thinking about applying some Nature's Blessings to my scalp since I only air dried yesterday and just put it in one big twist and clipped it up.

I always did and I always will. When I was permed I used the same grease I use now castor oil in the green and white bottle.

That's the same one I use. I use it to grease my ends while they are in braids and I use it 1x a week when I'm out of braids.

Back