Itchy Scalp....Help!!!

Nita81

Okay my scalp is itchy. I'm trying to decide between using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint or Tea Tree Oil soap to wash my scalp/hair. I plan to do a follow up ACV rinse.

*other recommendations VERY welcome*

eajaye2u

When this happens to me I get my hands on somthing with sulphur on my scalp. Immediately the scalp is better. And since I got the wonderful BT --I dont have that problem any more. Try it and see. And perhaps some of the other ladies have a suggestion also. BTW- your hair is nice and thick;)

Nita81

eajaye2u said:
When this happens to me I get my hands on somthing with sulphur on my scalp. Immediately the scalp is better. And since I got the wonderful BT --I dont have that problem any more. Try it and see. And perhaps some of the other ladies have a suggestion also. BTW- your hair is nice and thick;)

Awwww thanks!!!

I have some sulphur oil mix I made...but I was being very lax about using it. I'll use it....the itchies are driving me nuts!!!

Choklatekiss79

I had this problem too. I was scratching my scalp so hard that I was leaving soars. Turns out the problem was product build up. I clarified and the itchies went away immediately and for good.:)

mscocoface

Peppermint in anything you use will also help.

Here is a remedy I use when my scalp itches, especially when I have braids or twists.

1-2 drops of pepermint oil
3-4 oz of water

I put this in a small spray bottle and spray my scalp. Be careful of how much peppermint oil you use because it is very strong. Start our with 1 drop then add as you feel accordingly. I would try clarifying the scalp first and then if you still have the itchiness this should help.

Blackoutzangel05

I have peppermint in my conditioner and tea tree oil in my leave in conditioner. Now I get the itches so bad that I get flakes...so far this is working for me using these products once a week. However, when I first started I had an oil mixture that included tea tree oil that I applied 2x's a day.