Do you have to have damp hair to use gel?

missyT

Can one apply gel to dry hair even though on the dircetions for use it says that the gel should be used on damp hair?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I find that gel works better on slightly damp hair. In other words, the gel holds longer and smooths out the frizzes better than applying it on dry hair.

moda

Poohbear said:
I find that gel works better on slightly damp hair. In other words, the gel holds longer and smooths out the frizzes better than applying it on dry hair.

Although I agree, I also think it depends on the brand of gel, many I have used I would need to apply it to wet hair to get the hold I wanted, so I just quit using those.

Last edited:

moda

missyT said:
Thanks for the responses.
Cincy, what gel do you use on dry hair?

I used Citre Shine before, but Bubln reco'd Smooth n Shine curl activator gel for extra dry hair, and I have to say I am in :love: with it, granted I have only used it for 4 days, but I have already bought some more so I will not run out (which for me is big). I have only used it on dry hair so far and with many of the other gels I used on dry hair I would have to add curl wax to make it hold (which never worked for long), my hair always wants to curl back up. Granted I believe gels work better on wet/damp hair than dry as Pooh said, but this one is a keeper for me.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use Citre Shine Gel as well (after seeing Chicoro use it). I :love: it too for when I wear my hair inna bun!!!