RELAXED HAIR LADIES! What do you slick your edges down with?

Lilmama1011

TeeSGee said:
I'm currently using ORS edge control, but looking for something that hold my hair all day without leaving a film or coating on my hair. i'll be reading this thread for tips.

I don't be seeing the film people be talking about but I know your hair doesn't hold all day and reverts

Lilmama1011

shiney_sapphire said:
Yeah it is on the higher end as far as cost but well worth it. I don't think I can go back to anything else. It makes the most rebellious hair lay down without a scarf!

Girrrrrl, I'm definitely going to get it now! Going to take my olive oil gel back with the receipt being that I didn't use it and put that six bucks towards the hicks

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 said:
I just found out about that yesterday and heard it 15 dollars or more. I would be willing to pay it if it smooths my hair down dramatically tho, and I'm talking about the back because that's the most coarse hair

I'm seeing that people was losing their edges after a while so I'm thinking about using the curls passion fruit curl control paste

Lilmama1011

crlsweetie912 said:
Lilmama1011 you can get it at sally's and there's a 1.00 coupon in the flyer this month!!!!
oh and it smells super yummy!!!!!

I got it! It smells delicious can't wait to use it, don't know whether I should wait til I freshly wash my hair Sunday or just use it now :)

WaistLengthDreams

MY first line of defense is my scarf over night.

if that's not enough then I use: ORS pudding with a scarf.

Then I'll use Fantasia IC gel (but that's only if I'm about a week or two from my next relaxer) with a scarf.

*I try not to agitate my hair too much because I know the more I do to my hair the more of it I lose.

Lilmama1011

IntheMix08 said:
MY first line of defense is my scarf over night.

if that's not enough then I use: ORS pudding with a scarf.

Then I'll use Fantasia IC gel (but that's only if I'm about a week or two from my next relaxer) with a scarf.

*I try not to agitate my hair too much because I know the more I do to my hair the more of it I lose.

True.... Manipulation does take a lot of hair

TeeSGee

I don't be seeing the film people be talking about but I know your hair doesn't hold all day and reverts

Lilmama1011 Half way through the day it appears on the hair and on shampoo day i have wash that area really well or it looks like i didn't wash my hair at all bcuz of all the build up from the product. I just purchased Alterna Hemp sheer pomade,i'll see how it works compared to the ORS edge control

Lilmama1011

Ok let me know because I see it depends on how much post you for certain jam/gels/pomades to work. Like elasta qp you you can use 2weeks post and olive oil like four weeks and the passion fruit so far seems to be the best when you like eight week post

Dposh167

i have the hicks edge control. and IMO i find it similar to Curls passion fruit control paste. And that's just 7.99

if i had known they were basically the same i wouldn't have gotten hicks.

Lilmama1011

poochie167 said:
i have the hicks edge control. and IMO i find it similar to Curls passion fruit control paste. And that's just 7.99

if i had known they were basically the same i wouldn't have gotten hicks.

Great! You make me feel better for purchasing my passion fruit paste :)

levette

I love elasta qp hair glaze for my edges but I have to use a scarf to help absorb some of the greasiness from this product. It's the best

SelfStyled

I am loving the curls passion fruit control paste. It's a pomade and NO reversion, not hard, smooth and shiny. But the jar is so little!!!

I could have wrote this post myself. This stuff is the business. It smells great, and the ingredients are great. I like this a million times better than the ORS stuff. The jar is small, but you don't need to use a lot.

chelleypie810

im still on the hunt for the perfect edge slicker. ors edge control was doing nothing, i tried soft n smooth and that was sucky. idk. where can i find this curls passion fruit control paste?

shiney_sapphire

chelleypie810 said:
im still on the hunt for the perfect edge slicker. ors edge control was doing nothing, i tried soft n smooth and that was sucky. idk. where can i find this curls passion fruit control paste?

Sally's ($1 coupon this month), Target, and some bss have it.

Lilmama1011

chelleypie810 said:

I had to search at beauty supply store in my down town area and just was lucky because the first three stores was like "what's that?"

Aggie

I use KeraCare Edge Tamer to lay my edges down. It works very well and yest it did cost a little more than I would normally pay for JAM gel, but it does not have any mineral oils or petrolatum in it and I'd pay a little extra for that.

LaidBak

Elasta QP mango butter keeps my edges down like no other. As long as I use a scarf overnight I don't have to re smooth or reapply.

Lilmama1011

Aggie said:
I use KeraCare Edge Tamer to lay my edges down. It works very well and yest it did cost a little more than I would normally pay for JAM gel, but it does not have any mineral oils or petrolatum in it and I'd pay a little extra for that.

I agree with that 100%. I'm willing to spend the extra bucks if the product work.I don't care if I have to purchase 20 dollar jam, if it works, I want it! :)

Lilmama1011

sweetypoo705 said:
ORS Slick n Hold Pudding and a scarf overnight work for me:yep:
Aloe Vera gel and scarf also worked:grin:

I keep hearing the scarf thing and it does work better with the scarf, but when I want to go somewhere in a hurry, I don't got time to be putting no scarf on my head to lay it down real quick and I don't wear scarfs outside either!

BlkMane

I am a big Shea Moisture fan as I like products that are natural and don't have mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, -cones, etc., if I can avoid them. My hair loves this brand so I just use the Shea Moisture Curl & Style Conditioning Milk to make my edges look nice. Used it when relaxed and using it now as I'm transitioning.

It leaves NO film on hair and dries to the point where you cannot even feel it on your hair. A good moisturizer and makes hair soft, too.

crlsweetie912

BlkMane said:
I am a big Shea Moisture fan as I like products that are natural and don't have mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, -cones, etc., if I can avoid them. My hair loves this brand so I just use the Shea Moisture Curl & Style Conditioning Milk to make my edges look nice. Used it when relaxed and using it now as I'm transitioning.

It leaves NO film on hair and dries to the point where you cannot even feel it on your hair. A good moisturizer and makes hair soft, too.

Why did I see LOTS of shea moisture products at the flea market this weekend for two dollars!!!!!!

RayRayFurious

I'm actually looking for something to help me blend my edges/leave out for my new half wigs. I know Muffinsismylovers (from YouTube) aka April was using Black and Sassy Style Smoother in the past. I'm thinking of trying that since I can get it from the same online store where I'm ordering the wigs.

BlkMane

Two dollars? For Shea Moisture products? That's suspect cause those products fly off the shelves of Walmart and Target for $9.99-$11.99 a pop.

I wonder if the products at the flea market were old? Shea Moisture products DO HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE, even though there are no expiration dates on the products. Older products don't work as well, I've noticed. I guess the lack of chemicals and tons of preservatives make the products "go bad" quicker. That is why I don't buy those products in bulk so I have the "freshest" products. At most, I'll buy two of any one product at a time.

Why did I see LOTS of shea moisture products at the flea market this weekend for two dollars!!!!!!