Do you let your Husband/SO play in your hair....?

Do you let your Husband/SO play in or comb your hair?

• Yes

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 26.7%

• Total voters

Lavendar

..even when it goes against your regimen?

My husband asked the other night if I would take out my bun so he could try this new vibrating scalp massage thingy on me. I told him I bought it for him and convinced him to relax and let me use it on him....knowing I just didn't want to take my bun out. :lachen: So, last night he asked again if he could take my bun out and comb/play in my hair. Well I'm trying not to comb but once a week, if that, and besides I had just moisturized and baggied my bun the night before and it wasn't time to take it down. :(

Okay, LHCF fans am I wrong for behaving this way? Does such as time exist when we MUST go against everything we have learned and believe in and let the ones we love most do unspeakable things to our hair???!!??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

As long as my boyfriend doesn't do anything weird (like twist it, etc.), I'll let him play with my hair. I wouldn't let him comb it or anything. :lachen:

My SO is WAY too rough! He actually wanted to see my new growth at the crown of my head and I finger combed it open so he could see it and he kept rubbing it the wrong way and causing massive tangles! I kept telling him to stop rubbing it that way, but he didn't get it. I only let him play in my hair when I have a fresh relaxer. Otherwise, I think he'll cause me some setbacks! I know he tries, but my hair is just NOT his forte.:lol:

I don't mind. I actually like it when he gives me scalp messages. My bf has long hair, so he knows all about be gentle with combing and brushing.

The one time I did turn him down was when he tried to give me a ponytail using a rubber band.

I don't mind....*grins* Not at all.... my hair isn't long enough to be bunned on a regular, and there really isn't MUCH harm you can do to two strand twists.

My dh is always in my hair! Lately, he's been helping me wash it, and he helped me with my last two relaxers.

I love his scalp massages. I do get some tangles afterwards, but it's worth it. I won't let my hair stop me from enjoying life's little pleasures.;)

Wishin4BSL said:
My SO is WAY too rough! He actually wanted to see my new growth at the crown of my head and I finger combed it open so he could see it and he kept rubbing it the wrong way and causing massive tangles! I kept telling him to stop rubbing it that way, but he didn't get it. I only let him play in my hair when I have a fresh relaxer. Otherwise, I think he'll cause me some setbacks! I know he tries, but my hair is just NOT his forte.:lol:

This is EXACTLY why I voted no!

lauren450 said:
My dh is always in my hair! Lately, he's been helping me wash it, and he helped me with my last two relaxers.

I love his scalp massages. I do get some tangles afterwards, but it's worth it. I won't let my hair stop me from enjoying life's little pleasures.;)

lmao! if you had my SO it wouldn't be pleasure, he would be pulling and I ain't on it.

I secretly love the expression on my DH's face when I take my bun down in front of him and shake my hair to loosen it.;)

I let him comb my hair and play in it. He knows better than to yank or twist it really hard. My DH is just mesmerized by women with long hair. He can't stop himself from staring at it. Every woman he dated before me had long hair, at least mid back length. He's very careful with it.

Oh my gosh, my s/o is so funny...

He loves my hair and LOVES to mess it up/make it full. In the evening, if we arent going anywhere, he'll come over to me with his two hands out and this playful look in his eyes. I know just want he wants and I'll just say "ok"...

And he'll take his hands and go back and forth fast over my hair until it puffs out. :perplexed Then with this big grin on his face, he's says "that's better!" He says it looks so good to him. He's even taken pics of me like that and they're his favorite.

I just tell him he's a madman. :lol:

Last edited:
camellia said:
I secretly love the expression on my DH's face when I take my bun down in front of him and shake my hair to loosen it.;)

I let him comb my hair and play in it. He knows better than to yank or twist it really hard. My DH is just mesmerized by women with long hair. He can't stop himself from staring at it. Every woman he dated before me had long hair, at least mid back length. He's very careful with it.

He has a right to be mesmerized, you hair is beautiful dear!

I like when my SO gives me scalp massages. Its feels so amazing!

currygyal said:
Oh my gosh, my s/o is so funny...

He loves my hair and LOVES to mess it up/make it full. In the evening, if we arent going anywhere, he'll come over to me with his two hands out and this playful look in his eyes. I know just want he wants and I'll just say "ok"...

And he'll take his hands and go back and forth fast over my hair until it puffs out. :perplexed Then with this big grin on his face, he's says "that's better!" He says it looks so good to him. He's even taken pics of me like that and they're his favorite.

I just tell him he's a madman. :lol:

:eek: :eek: Hmmmm....actually, that does sound like fun!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I voted no!!! I guess Im another one who is just way too hair obsessed, because i dont like it when my Sig. O used to play in, gently tug at it, twirl his fingers thru, or finger-comb my hair. I usually wear buns, so this is usually out of the question. But even when its down, i just dont like ppl playing in my hair. My hair is still so fragile and i dont want it to break or tear. So...... i try to avoid all the sexy little hair play at all costs. I mean, if my hair is down and it starts to happen, i dont jerk away and tell him to stop. But..... i let him play for a few minutes, then somehow find a way to slowly sidle away, and then put my hair up. They eventually learn that i just dont like it.

If i were in that situation, i would NOT have taken my freshly moisturized, baggied, and bunned hair down, lol. Not after all that work to prepare it, and certainly not if Im on the no-combing challenge. He can play with it next time its down, and of course that is a strictly monitored play. :lol:

KiniKakes said:
I voted no!!! I guess Im another one who is just way too hair obsessed, because i dont like it when my Sig. O used to play in, gently tug at it, twirl his fingers thru, or finger-comb my hair. I usually wear buns, so this is usually out of the question. But even when its down, i just dont like ppl playing in my hair. My hair is still so fragile and i dont want it to break or tear. So...... i try to avoid all the sexy little hair play at all costs. I mean, if my hair is down and it starts to happen, i dont jerk away and tell him to stop. But..... i let him play for a few minutes, then somehow find a way to slowly sidle away, and then put my hair up. They eventually learn that i just dont like it.

If i were in that situation, i would NOT have taken my freshly moisturized, baggied, and bunned hair down, lol. Not after all that work to prepare it, and certainly not if Im on the no-combing challenge. He can play with it next time its down, and of course that is a strictly monitored play. :lol:

Now this is a girl after my own heart!!! Except, I do jerk away and tell him to stop!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I chose no. For the most part I dont let anyone touch or play in my hair. I have never liked it. If my SO's hands are clean (he's always eating and has food on his hands) and my hair isn't freshly done then I occasionally let him stroke my hair.

My so has long hair too so he is careful when he plays with it cuz i do the same thing. He is really good at washing my hair and giving me a scalp massage!:)

seeminglysweet said:
If my SO's hands are clean and my hair isn't freshly done then I occasionally let him stroke my hair.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Im with you girl..... that's what I mean by "carefully monitored play." Gentle stroking is fine, but thats where i draw the line!

I sure do...I love head rubs/massages. I also enjoy when I let it down and he just wants to stroke it. There is no combing or brushing involved...only fingers :).

Shoot I barely want the shampoo girl at the hair salon touching my hair. You know they dont know how to handle long hair, always having to be told "start from the bottom and work your way up"

Yes, and it feels sooo good to have him massage &stroke my hair. He's knows my hair goals and respects them.

To the ladies that voted no, teach your man how to handle your hair. I don't want you girls to miss out on what those strong masculine hands can do for stimulating growth.

KiniKakes said:
:lol: :lol: No thanks, girl, tempting as it sounds!! Im good! :p Because it doesnt stop at a hair massage.... then they feel like they've earned the right to comb and play in it. Uh huh, not for The Kid.

Too funny.

KiniKakes said:
:lol: :lol: No thanks, girl, tempting as it sounds!! Im good! :p Because it doesnt stop at a hair massage.... then they feel like they've earned the right to comb and play in it. Uh huh, not for The Kid.

OKAY!!! *high fives* It's just TOOOO much!

Yes!! He loves playing in my coils the same way I do. There's something increibly calming about his scalp massages. Sometimes we'll be on the couch watching a movie, and I'll put my head in his lap and he'll massage awayi I love it. :love:

Divine Inspiration said:
Yes!! He loves playing in my coils the same way I do. There's something increibly calming about his scalp massages. Sometimes we'll be on the couch watching a movie, and I'll put my head in his lap and he'll massage awayi I love it. :love:

I find my dh's hands in my hair soooooo relaxing!!!! I don't really worry about him messing it up because when my hair is loose from the usual canerows it's not really in mid-regimen.

When I i lie in his lap in front of the box and he runs his hands over my scalp it makes me want to sleep......
In fact, I'll see y'all later :sekret:

My SO is rough. If I wear my hair down forget about it. He wants to run his fingers through it and pull it. Even when I have my hair is a bun he puts he hand on the top of my head. I gets on my nerves but he wont stop.

Back