Do you let your Husband/SO play in your hair....?

Do you let your Husband/SO play in or comb your hair?

• Yes

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 26.7%

• Total voters
Sure. Why not? My SO was initially attracted to me by my hair and I wouldn't expect him not to want to touch it. I actually offer for him to rub it and play in it.

My Husband knows better than to touch my hair. He also hates on my new obsession. I am conditioning tonight with my "self heating" cap. He told me to get out the room with my "Alluminum Foil Head"

He is a Lamebot...but I love him...SMH

My boyfriend always begs to comb my hair (like a big kid), when I finally give in, he literaly runs to find a comb with a big grin on his face.:D He even learned how to do twists just so he can play in it. If you asked him about it, he'd probably deny the whole thing.:lachen:

Of course, I let my SO play in my hair. :yep:

I had just finished combing my hair and had it down when I walked by him today while he was seated. I turned around quickly to get something and it slapped him across the face. :lol: He laughed and started playing w/ it. So, I shook my head real fast and my hair was gently smacking him and he said that it felt so good. He has big, strong hands and gives such relaxing scalp massages.
3.gif

lauren450 said:
My dh is always in my hair! Lately, he's been helping me wash it, and he helped me with my last two relaxers.

I love his scalp massages. I do get some tangles afterwards, but it's worth it. I won't let my hair stop me from enjoying life's little pleasures.;)
Lucky you! When I was realxing my hair, my SO was afraid to help me b/c he said that he may mess it up, somehow. I'm still trying to get him to trim my hair, but he said, "No way! :nono: You'll never hurt me for ruining your hair."
2.gif
For the record, I wouldn't do that to him.

missnappylady said:
My boyfriend always begs to comb my hair (like a big kid), when I finally give in, he literaly runs to find a comb with a big grin on his face.:D He even learned how to do twists just so he can play in it. If you asked him about it, he'd probably deny the whole thing.:lachen:

That is so cute! :drunk:

lauren450 said:
My dh is always in my hair! Lately, he's been helping me wash it, and he helped me with my last two relaxers.

I love his scalp massages. I do get some tangles afterwards, but it's worth it. I won't let my hair stop me from enjoying life's little pleasures.;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^Ditto To That!

No! I've always been squeemish about anybody's hands near my face/hair (acne issues) so he's never really played in my hair. Now every once in a while he'll stroke it but I'm VERY aware of it and i dont let him do it for a long time.

I just thought of something...my hubby stopped playing in my hair once I started stretching. He says he doesn't like the way the "naps" feel. So unlearned ladies...so unlearned.

Yes. I let him as long as he's gentle. I'm two months post and I told him it was nappy. But while I was laying in his lap watching a movie, he was just playing in my new growth. I didn't say anything. But inside I was like Awwhh!!!

Everything she said. :)
Curlee_lurker said:
Sure. Why not? My SO was initially attracted to me by my hair and I wouldn't expect him not to want to touch it. I actually offer for him to rub it and play in it.

KiniKakes said:
:lol: :lol: No thanks, girl, tempting as it sounds!! Im good! :p Because it doesnt stop at a hair massage.... then they feel like they've earned the right to comb and play in it. Uh huh, not for The Kid.

I know that's right!!!:grin: Unfortunately, I did let my guard completely down and let my hubby trim my hair for me. :eek: He cut stairsteps in my !@#$%hair. Never again! Learned my lesson. I'll never reach brastrap by the time I'm 40 like that!!!!!:grin:

I love it when he(my DH) is in my hair. He wants to learn how to roller set my hair!!! :weird: ( i have let him dry rollerset my hair. It was loose, but it was definately a start) When I was natural he was up to his elbows in grease helping me twist it. He was slow, and had to analyze and reanalyze each twist he did, thinking it wasn't perfect and then retwist and retwist. I didn't know he was so anal!:p

The reason I am doing this growing long hair is for him, so why not let him enjoy the process?:)

I answered Yes. my husband is definitively in love with my hair and he is tehrefore very careful about it. I do not see any reason not to let him go through it. He loves combing it, doing scalp massage. he is also very helpful washing it and putting it in rollers, which is a valuable help when you have hair close to the waist which is quite impossible to roll by yourself. He also gave me several gifts in relation with haircare, including a professional hood dryer. So definitively Yes

he knows ive been checking this board and ive been a nazi about my hair, so he hasnt even tried but he loves it when i wear it down. the other night he asked if i would wear it down to sleep so he could look at it and maybe touch it, and i told him that when i buy a silk pillowcase then ill thnk about wearing it down

I love when my boyfriend plays with my hair. if it's just in twists he'll still play with it lol.

My hubby doesn't do it often, so I don't mind when he does. I think he's enjoying the process of me letting it grow and just prefers to watch!

Last edited:
I allow him to play in my hair even when its freshly 'done'. He likes my hair and I can always get it to look good. Why refuse him that little pleasure?

erin558 said:
he knows ive been checking this board and ive been a nazi about my hair, so he hasnt even tried but he loves it when i wear it down. the other night he asked if i would wear it down to sleep so he could look at it and maybe touch it, and i told him that when i buy a silk pillowcase then ill thnk about wearing it down

I stay at my boyfriends house on the weekends and that is the only time I don't cover my hair (at his request). He got some pillowcases for me. Actually My hair always looks and feels better on those days. I just can't find it in myself to do that everyday.

This thread is funny! Random men play in my hair when I am out so I have no problem w/ my SO (When I had/have one) play in my hair. I've never been w/ anyone w/ a fetish so its not like they are going to sit there and mess w/ my hair for hours at a time. So it's okay, as long as he doesn't try to style it...

Um, I say YES, becuase I let my SO cut my hair with professional shears. He did an excellent job and it saved me a lot of money. He actually has an eye for a cut, and he only cut what was absolutely necessary. I had to MAKE him trim more.

He oils my scalp for me on the regular. I even had to go to the derm for flaking and he uses a medicated oil and will oil or check my scalp for me to make sure the flakes stay away. I love my man.

I am very particular about my hair, but since he's so careful with it, it doesn't bother me at all.

Hey Lavedar :wave:

My DH loves to play in my hair so I never have a problem when he does. It feels great, and because I don't go to the salon, it's the only time I get that nice feeling of someone else massaging my scalp :). He was doing it the other night and making silly shapes out of it and pulling it all forward to cover my face with it. It was goofy but we get a little silly like that sometimes.

While he likes to play in my hair, he doesn't like the feel of my roots several weeks post relaxer. I love that feeling, but he says it feels matted (my new growth). Even though he knows more about hair now than he ever thought he would, he still likes to tease me.

SG

Back