Do You Need Protein>>??

eurka007

I feel like my hair is always doing well... and I can use Nexxus Keraphix conditioner.... but whenever I do a an actual protein treatment its like somebody else's dry untamed badly cared for hair ends up on my head!! does anybody else have this problem (even with DC-ing afterward?) Is anybody else protein sensitive like I seem to be, and if so, how do you deal with it?

darlingdiva

What do you mean when you say "an actual protein treatment"? Are you referring to something like Aphogee 2-Step? If so, your hair may be reacting negatively because it may be too much protein for your hair. I use Aphogee 2-minute all the time, but the Aphogee 2-Step would be WAY too much for my hair.

Also, what do you use to DC afterwards?

frizzy

If your hair is in good condition, you don't need an emergency repair treatment (Aphogee 2-Step) from hard-core protein. :nono: Stick with mild proteins and reconstructors.

It's like you're trying to fix something that ain't broke. :ohwell:

Tif392002

i use the keratin green tea reconstructorizer, its a light protien fix compared to the two-step, which is too hard core for my hair.

MizzCoco

Yeah, my hair reacts the same way to heavy duty proteins, it prefers a weekly dose of a light reconstructor such as Joico or the Aphogee 2 min. I did a 2-step once and it took me weeks to recover

eurka007

What do you mean when you say "an actual protein treatment"? Are you referring to something like Aphogee 2-Step? If so, your hair may be reacting negatively because it may be too much protein for your hair. I use Aphogee 2-minute all the time, but the Aphogee 2-Step would be WAY too much for my hair.

Also, what do you use to DC afterwards?

I have only used 2 min, not two step... and my hair still has a negative reaction

eurka007

I have never used 2 step, only 2 min aphogee & joico reconstruct... thats why Im starting to wonder if my hair is just sensitive to protein in general..

ceebee3

I have never used 2 step, only 2 min aphogee & joico reconstruct... thats why Im starting to wonder if my hair is just sensitive to protein in general..

How often do you use them and what other combinations of products are you using?

If you're using other products with protein, it could be too much for you. What are you moisturizing with?

eurka007

How often do you use them and what other combinations of products are you using?

If you're using other products with protein, it could be too much for you. What are you moisturizing with?

I usually moisturize with aussie moist 3 min... but I usually leave it in for longer... do you think I need a stronger moisturizer?

When I did aphogee 2 min I did the following:

Suave daily clarifying
Mizani Moisturfuse
Aphogee 2 min
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 min

then I did NTM leave in and sealed with africa's best

I did it because I was planning on doing a relaxer this week.. which clearly isnt going to happen now

Since my hair started breaking off, but seemed to be moisturized I did this:

suave daily clarifying
joico-kpak
aussie moist
aussie 3 min

followed by NTM & carols daughter tui oil

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
My hair is naturally course even though I'm relaxed....I use protein only about once a month or less. I ONLY use my protein mixed with a moisturizing DC. I can't do them it succession. I learned the hard way more than once and this is how I get away with it.
Hth.