Nexxus Keraphix...Which One Do You Use?

Which Protein Conditioner Do You Use?

• Keraphix Restorative Protein Creme Reconstructor

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Keraphix Restorative Strenghtening Conditioner

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Blessed_Angel

I was wondering, cause I've heard some ladies state that they use this as a protein conditioner, and that it has so little protein in it, that it can be used once a week. Well, there are two Nexxus Keraphix's: Restorative Protein Creme Reconstructor & Restorative Strenghtening Conditioner, so, can you tell me which one you use for your protein treatments, and why? Do you know which one has more protein? Can I use either one of them once a week?

By the way, I purchased the Nexxus Keraphix Protein Reconstructor Creme, and my hair was harder than normal. Could it be the Keraphix. Or my hair just reacting to the awful Garlic shampoo I used last week? Or not using a moisturizing conditioner after I used the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment?

Please help. Thanks

Last edited:

drasgrl

I didn't even realize there was two different kinds. I have Restorative Strenghtening Conditioner. Years ago I think I had the other kind.

poookie

i have the restorative protein creme reconstructor. it acts like a light protein on my hair, but i've never left it on for more than 10 minutes.

Blessed_Angel

i have the restorative protein creme reconstructor. it acts like a light protein on my hair, but i've never left it on for more than 10 minutes.

So, did you apply heat? Like sit under the dryer for a dc? That's what I did...was I not supposed to do that?

Thanks

poookie

So, did you apply heat? Like sit under the dryer for a dc? That's what I did...was I not supposed to do that?

Thanks

i'm sure your way was okay. i just follow the instructions on the bottle, but for a few extra minutes.

i do want to try it with heat once... maybe under the dryer, it releases more protein? hmm . . .

darkangel25

I didn't even realize there was two different kinds. I have Restorative Strenghtening Conditioner. Years ago I think I had the other kind.

Neither did I. I use the restorative protein reconstructor. I've been deep conditioning with it every other week... but my hair really likes protein.

Last edited:

taytay86

Like the others, I wasn't aware of the cream - can you give us more info on that? I don't believe I saw it on their site either.

I use the conditioner after my botanoil poo. Its ok, doesn't leave the hair hard or anything. You should try Emergencee for your protein treatments, it works well.

Te'TahHead

I was wondering, cause I've heard some ladies state that they use this as a protein conditioner, and that it has so little protein in it, that it can be used once a week. Well, there are two Nexxus Keraphix's: Restorative Protein Creme Reconstructor & Restorative Strenghtening Conditioner, so, can you tell me which one you use for your protein treatments, and why? Do you know which one has more protein? Can I use both once a week?

By the way, I purchased the Nexxus Keraphix Protein Reconstructor Creme, and my hair was harder than normal. Could it be the Keraphix. Or my hair just reacting to the awful Garlic shampoo I used last week?

Please help. Thanks

No. It was probably that. I use Keraphix with heat and I cannot use it alone. I always do a moisterizing DC (with my Humecto) after under the dryer for 30 minutes. I do Keraphix every other wash and my hair has really thrived. But, when used alone, it will leave my hair crunchy and very, VERY hard to detangle.

Blessed_Angel

No. It was probably that. I use Keraphix with heat and I cannot use it alone. I always do a moisterizing DC (with my Humecto) after under the dryer for 30 minutes. I do Keraphix every other wash and my hair has really thrived. But, when used alone, it will leave my hair crunchy and very, VERY hard to detangle.

Well, I didn't use it alone either. I used the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment afterwards. But I am starting to think that after that I should have done my Nexxus Humectress. I thought the Alter Ego was a moisturizing conditioner, but I guess it's just a treatment (as stated). So I will have to wash again but this time I will try the Keracare Humecto (my hair is just too try. And it was sooo tangled last night. My hair never comes out that bad...wow).

Oh, so you use it every other week? Ok, so I will do that. I didn't think my hair needed that much protein to do every week anyway.

Thanks for the info.