Do you remember "Black Barbie's" terrible blowdrying youtube video? Well, she's back!

Colliecole

Re: Do you remember "Black Barbie's" terrible blowdrying youtube video? Well, she's b

al00 and braven, I think we should all accept that none of us has lived here long enough to know all the answers and we never will.

colliecole: Just because ALL the white women I've EVER known didnt have to do crap to grow booty legnth hair/ and MOST of the black women I know have tried product after product only to get shoulder legnth hair AT MAX......doesn't mean that's true for everyone

al00: we're eye to eye on the above I think...

braven: people are ALWAYS going to give thier opinion. Just because you didnt think your opnion was necessary in this case, you cant get mad when other people espressed thiers. It's thier God given right. And you know the black women rule...as long as she wasnt called a b**** it's all good:lachen:

Last edited:

macherieamour

Re: Do you remember "Black Barbie's" terrible blowdrying youtube video? Well, she's b

whopps...

I guess I thought you meant that we were only mad at this girl because her hair wasn't long and that had it been long we wouldn't have said anything. Because at least I would have. I'da left a comment just as fast had someone like Macherie had a video talkin about what this girl was.

:lachen:lemme out of this! This is the exact reason I don't do as many videos anymore. People crucified me for using a paddle brush:gotroasted:

Nah, seriously, I love making videos for people and if I ever make a mistake or offend anyone, they can always email me or make their OWN videos. Its FREEE:drunk: Until then, I just disable comments and embedding. That way, you help who you help:)

aloof one

al00 and braven, I think we should all accept that none of us has lived here long enough to know all the answers and we never will.

colliecole: Just because ALL the white women I've EVER known didnt have to do crap to grow booty legnth hair/ and MOST of the black women I know have tried product after product only to get shoulder legnth hair AT MAX......doesn't mean that's true for everyone

al00: we're eye to eye on the above I think...

braven: people are ALWAYS going to give thier opinion. Just because you didnt think your opnion was necessary in this case, you cant get mad when other people espressed thiers. It's thier God given right. And you know the black women rule...as long as whe wasnt called a b**** it's all good:lachen:

I totally understand, and ITA:yep:

sexyeyes3616

:perplexed:nono::nono::nono:
I knew someone who say just what was on my mind. Thanks for all the ladies that share my sentiments for posting it. Y'all are bolder than me cuz I was going to say not a d@mn thing.:ohwell:

Looooooong before LHCF I knew black women with long hair and were doing everything wrong, according to us. Heck! Even I blow out my hair with a roundbrush. The Dominicans blow out hair with a plethora of round brushes and EXTREME high heat. The wonderous thing about hair is that it will always grow back. People have many different ways of achieving growth. Lately, I've noticed that my hair can thrive on petroleum (not much, tho). Hair is so mysterious and confusing, and mine always keeps me on my toes (hence the writing). We all bring something different to the table and thats what I love about hair/beauty forums. Someone always has a different approach to achieving the same look. Its just like Algebra--one kid does it this way, the other does it that. Both answer equal 7... go figure?!

I shouldn't say this, but I know a member who got better results with growth from her hairstylist than she EVER got on this board. She got so frustrated with all the bru-haha and did things her own way. Went to the best stylist every week and got to the length she wanted... a year after she joined LHCF and went AWOL. Thats just how hair is. :grin::grin::grin: Ficke.

As far as the self-hate comments.... no need for all of that. People are entitled to their opinions and its not nearly that serious. Like I said in the Dominican threads last year, everyone is entitled to be outraged and everyone is entitled to be apathetic. It's just hair. No need to get so riled up. I honestly don't care if everyone becomes enlightened about naps because I am so used to it. I've personally always envied natural hair, and one day I am going to take the plunge. For others, its just not a priority.

I'm not going to comment on whether I felt you all were wrong or right for scaring her off. But, I will say that I try to be as diplomatic and reasonable as possible when it comes to hair care and LHCF. I think I only attach the name of this board when a person makes a comment that begs to be addressed. For a lot of people, men included... long hair is NOT a priority... and thats okay.

But, do what cha'll do
HTH and happy holidays.

Yea thats why i go to a hair stylist because I suck at doing my hair. I never get the bounce and swing that i like. And i just dont feel like doing my hair all the time. Kind of off topic.

Last edited:

aloof one

Oh no dont worry, Im sorry--- I only brought you up because I liked what you were doing.. I love paddle brushes! I had no idea you were getting comments like that! Probably people who get jealous and wish you were in their situation so they wouldn't have to be.

[]
:lachen:lemme out of this! This is the exact reason I don't do as many videos anymore. People crucified me for using a paddle brush:gotroasted:

Nah, seriously, I love making videos for people and if I ever make a mistake or offend anyone, they can always email me or make their OWN videos. Its FREEE:drunk: Until then, I just disable comments and embedding. That way, you help who you help:)

MizAvalon

WHAT!! People got on you for using a paddle brush? :eek:

Clearly, your hair hasn't suffered by using one. It's not your fault if their hair can't take it. Some people really are clueless if they don't know that they have to take what works for THEM and leave the rest. Common sense, one would think.:perplexed

I love my paddle brush!:drunk:

macherieamour

Aww thanks guys!!

My point was really that we are ALL trying to figure it out and some things (comment about negro naps aside- that was highly offensive) are going to be no nos for others so we should all just share what we know (as we do on the site) and it will all figure itself out:grin:

People's comments really havent been that bad. I am very fortunate :) but there have been a few here and there. But WHO CARES?? Now, I just focus on the positive ones;)

HoneyDew

Oh no dont worry, Im sorry--- I only brought you up because I liked what you were doing.. I love paddle brushes! I had no idea you were getting comments like that! Probably people who get jealous and wish you were in their situation so they wouldn't have to be.

[]

I like paddle brushes, too. I LOVE the cushion ones. I find that theydon't break my hair like combs can.

bravenewgirl87

braven: people are ALWAYS going to give thier opinion. Just because you didnt think your opnion was necessary in this case, you cant get mad when other people espressed thiers. It's thier God given right. And you know the black women rule...as long as she wasnt called a b**** it's all good:lachen:

Oh, you're so right. I just don't understand the unneccessary anger and need to prove herself "right". THere's no need for that. Crazy thing is that this has happened before. I can accept when I am wrong or when I don't agree with someone else's view, but I don't attack people for it. When you attack others, however, especially myself... I'll let you have.

Collie... its all good.

aloof one

I could just bring up the Leave-In Thread...

But I'll just PM you