Do you tend to wash more or less?

daviine

When touchup time is near, do you tend to wash your hair more or less? Or does your hair washing sheducle remain unaffected?

Also transitioners----did you find that you need to wash your hair more often or less frequently in order to transition successfully?

patticake

yea, mine usually stay the same too. ...........well unless i'm trying some new product that didn't work out. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

beana3

Closer to touch up time I try to do a deep protein treatment the week before (to strengthen) and i usually dry my hair w/heat b/c i find it makes it straighter, hence easier to apply the relaxer creme. I'm a firm believer that improper application can cause all sorts of hair evils. if my hair is in a "minimal manipulation" style like a bun w/ my hair str8 under i find thar my relaxer app time is drastically reduced... ok i just went off into something totoaly different!
BUT since my wash b4 my relaxer usually involves heat i try to wait at least 5 days so i know my cuticles aren't open. For the 3 weeks prior to realxing my hair usually gets washing 1x a weeks as opposed to 2

ms_kenesha

I wash less because I don't want to agitate my hair near touch up time and cause unneccesary shedding. So instead of twice a week it's once a week for the last two weeks before my touch up and of course I don't want my pores wide open so I don't wash any later than 3 days before my touch-up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

I usually wash twice a week when I don't need a relaxer. Around touch up time I wash 4-5 times a week. I find the curly look and wet buns look better on my hair at this time (the straight thing is just a pain when I need a touch up) and I actually have to remind myself NOT to wash two to three days before the realxer to make sure I don't burn. I wash a LOT more when I'm due for a touch up...

LOL @ Beana. You are the cutest.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Integrity

i know that i SHOULD wash more frequently cos my hair gets dryer and has the tendency to break off so i am actually going to be washing and deep conditioning every other day from 5 to 6 weeks after touch ups from now.

I usually wash my hair twice a week but around touch up time, I do conditioner only washes and where my hair airdried in a bun or braid outs since, like Tracy, my hair looks better that way because of the re-growth.

I'm due for a t/u next week and am doing just that, conditioner washes approx every other day or even every day (due to exercising). I'll prolly do my last wash the day before my t/u and I step up using Aubrey GPB (moisturizing protein conditioner).

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also transitioners----did you find that you need to wash your hair more often or less frequently in order to transition successfully?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using more products on my hair now that I'm transitioning. Shampooing 1x per week won't cut it anymore. /images/graemlins/nono.gif I usually shampoo 2x a week. I probably need to do it 3x! After 2-3 days, hair gel starts to feel quite icky...

Jenai

I tend to wash the same (every three days usually). If I don't keep my scalp clean, then I will scratch it and scratching = irritated scalp. Irritated scalp + relaxer= relaxer burns and hair loss for me.

Kitkat

My schedule remains the same regardless of when I need my next touch up. I'm at 6 weeks and gunning for 8 and maybe beyond - no big deal to many ladies here, but a big accomplishment for me! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BlkMane

I tend to not wash very close to the time of my touchup.
Since I mostly dry with a hooded dryer, I don't like to put
that much heat on my hair in such a short period of time.
I try to do a protein deep conditioner a few days before my relaxer (on last
wash day before relaxer).

I usually do not wash any closer than 3-5 days before
my relaxer. I like my hair to have some "natural oils" in it on the scalp to protect
my scalp even more from the relaxer.

I still have my hair based, though.

I also try to make sure I don't scratch or comb my scalp alot in the days
before my relaxer to avoid scalp sensitivity.