Do you tie or wrap your hair at night?

Do you tie or wrap your hair at night?

• yes

Votes: 388 91.3%
  • no

Votes: 37 8.7%

• Total voters

HoneyDew

I prefer the way my hair looks when I don't tie or wrap it or wear a sleep cap.
I have been considering sleeping w/o it.

For those of you that don't, do you have any problems with breakage?

What else do you do, i.e. satin pillowcase, etc.?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I prefer to keep mine covered w/a satin bonnet/scarf. I don't wrap my hair up though, if you consider sleeping w/o a bonnet or scarf atleast get a satin pillow case to help keep the moisture in your hair. hth's

karezone

I used to wrap my hair and then cover with a satin scarf. But the wrapping was causing a bald spot on my hair line. So know I roll and cover with a satin scarf. But the scarf slips some so I have a satin pillow case as back up.

chestnutblonde

Since I'm trying to make my rollersets last longer, I pincurl my hair at night and secure with bobby pins, put a satin/silk scarf on top, and for added security I top it off with a satin bonnet.

Divine Inspiration

I'd feel naked sleeping without something on my head. :lol:

The past couple of weeks I've been doing a cross wrap with my satin scarf and the remainder handing in a bonnet.

I use satin pillow cases, but I never just sleep on those. My hair would be a buckwild mess if I tried. :nono:

ChildlikeEmpress

I just started wearing a silk head scarf to bed about 3-4 weeks ago. My hair has gotten noticeably longer since then, so I think I'll keep doing it.

~R. :Rose:

Carlie

I don't do anything to my hair. I just cover it w. a satin bonnet. If I'm not using my bonnet, I have my satin pillow case as a backup. No breakage whatsoever. :cool:

Recherché.Beauty

I sleep in a Satin Scarf, but it doesn't cover all of my hair. I keep losing them or letting my friend borrow one I've had like 6 so far and I only haveone right now...So I'm going to the bbs to get me a scarf and a pillow case

Ladylynn

karezone said:
I used to wrap my hair and then cover with a satin scarf. But the wrapping was causing a bald spot on my hair line. So know I roll and cover with a satin scarf. But the scarf slips some so I have a satin pillow case as back up.

This is what I do also. I roll my hair after spraying it with leave in conditioner. In the morning it is really soft and moisturized. I then remove the rollers and wrap it for about an hour to loosen the curl some.

beyondcute

I used to do it faithfull but when I started transitioing I was like TO HECK WITH THIS! I still cover it sometimes but Im not pressed. I do however hate wakign up with hair in my face so Ill put it in a hair band or something.

Isis

I wear a silk or satin scarf and a silk oversized bonnet to bed on my silk pillowcase. Sounds like overkill but I know my hair will stay moisturized throughout the night. :)

godzooki

With 3 boys I can't afford the luxury of being able to style my hair in the morning most days due to rushing them to school and caring for the baby. I prefer scarfing with a silk or satin scarf at night because that way In the morning I can just pull it off and go. After the mad dash of the morning, if I'm doing something special or want to, then I can take my time and give my hair attention.

HoneyDew

Maybe it is because my hair is not as long as some of you.

Everytime I wrap it or something, I wake up with my hair flat or "bent" the wrong way. Even with the bonnet.

When I don't wrap it, I wake up and all I have to so it add moisturizer, shake and go.

I am just afaid that I cannot get away with it forever.

Ambitious1013

I wear a silk/satin scarf and a bonnet every night. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase. Just like Isis mentioned, it sounds like a lot but it's worth it.

Last edited:

Hair Peace

I wrap it or pin curl my hair and tie a scarf on. I have my satin pillow case as a backup. The only time I sleep with my hair loose is the night before I was it, but it's on my satin pillowcase too.

applebottom

Divine Inspiration said:
I'd feel naked sleeping without something on my head. :lol:

The past couple of weeks I've been doing a cross wrap with my satin scarf and the remainder handing in a bonnet.

I use satin pillow cases, but I never just sleep on those. My hair would be a buckwild mess if I tried. :nono:

Please explain the cross wrap

I wrap my hair nightly...but it's takin a strain on the right side of my hairline. I've tried other things BUT nothing seem to work like a good old wrap.

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Every night I roll my hair (yes with the hard rollers) and tie it first with a net and place my satin scaft over that.

I haven't had any problems with breakage on anything

I have tried to do that for the longest. I seem to always wake up with a slight head ache. Also, I only seem to be able to do it one or two days after a set. After that, my either my head sweats and it never seems to be able to neatly wrap back around.

What I do is sleep on a satin pillow and twist my hair up and clamp it down on the top of my head. I figure if my ends are sitting on the top of my head, they will never graze any sheets.

Miss*Tress

I wear a scarf 4-5 nights during the week. Sometimes when I get in late, I'm just too tired to moisturize the ends and throw a scarf on. Sometimes the scarf comes off too. I should probably just get a satin pillowcase.

qtgirl

I sleep on a Satin Pillowcase and I usually wear a satin bonnet or a scarf like thing. I don't like the scarves as much as the bonnet because I feel like my head sweats too much with a scarf.

Justice4alw

I usually sleep in a satin bonnet or a loc soc. I don't like silk scarves because for some reason it irritates me at night to feel it binding around my hairline and I can'[t sleep.

Candy_C

Every night without fail!!

i twist it up, clip it and put my durag on (satin) i need a new one tho cuz my hairs outgrowing it.

blueabyss333

I don't wrap but I will wear a scarf from time to time to keep my edges straight for a bun/baggie method. Otherwise I wear a conditioning cap. No satin pillow cases.

so so chic

I must wrap my hair every night. I also sleep on a satin pillow case. I have be wrapping my hair/wearing a scarf since at least middle school. If I miss a night I can really tell the difference in the morning. I have not had any problems with breakage.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
After I cowash, I brush my hair into whatever desired style (style? LOL! a BUN) then tie my hair down to keep it from being frizzy.

RainbowCurls

I used to tie my hair in a scarf. But since I've cut my hair and started wearing it curly, the scarf doesn't stay on my head so I don't bother a lot of the time.
Sometims I wear the scarf bandana style but it can start moving down my forehead... very annoying!

I'll have to invest in some satin pillowcases...

locfreeme

I tie my hair in a scarf and sleep on a satin pillowcase. Wearing the scarf keeps my NG fairly flat. This also maintains my style until the next wash, the ends stay bumped. I fingercomb my hair back, tie the scarf around and tie it at the top with my hair hanging out in the back. But, I use a big scarf so it's long enough to cover the hair hanging out, then I tuck the very end of that under so all my hair is covered.