Do you tie or wrap your hair at night?

Do you tie or wrap your hair at night?

• yes

Votes: 388 91.3%
  • no

Votes: 37 8.7%

• Total voters

nakialovesshoes

I'm one of those that also feels naked w/o something on my hair at night. If I'm maintaining my rollerset, then I wrap my edges w/my silk scarf & the put the rest under a bonnet. Tonight I have my hair in braids so I have a plastic cap on & then a bonnet over the cap.

Americka

I protect my hairline/edges with a silk wrap "thingy" with velcro on the ends. I cover my entire head with a satin scarf and a satin bonnet. I also sleep on satin pillow cases. I take no chances.

NikkiGirl

I don't wear anything on my hair at night. I usually wear a side braid to bed! That is it! I gave up on the scarf thing a long time ago. I can't sleep with anything on my head, it is uncomfortable and it never says on all night anyway. I haven't noticed a difference in my hair.

BronzyBella

I've always had problems with the typical BSS "satin" caps losing their elasticity quickly.

I switched to satin/silk scarves, but with my natural hair (sometimes in huge pineapples/pufffs) they sometimes don't stay on at night.

I use a satin pillowcase now, and can't complain.

MsDee14

Ever since I was a child my mother would have me tie my hair.
Because of that..it's now a force of habit except now I use a satin scarf.

Mische

I always cover my hair at night and recently switched from satin to silk scarves. My hair feels silky and smooth in the morning. :grin:

longinghair

I can't get used to covering at night for some reason. Maybe because my hair is in braids/cornrows with ends tucked in all the time, I don't feel the need, though I know my hair would be better off with it.

jcdlox

I had breakage without wrapping my hair at night for the longest (including satin pillow cases). Then I had breakage on one side from wrapping my hair UNTIL I got the moisture level right with my hair. Now I wrap it every night in a silk scarf and no breakage.

diadall

I never have. When I was in high school and college with MBL hair I put it in a bun at night. I do the same now.

LexaKing

I wrap my hair every night. Always after I M&S then I use a silk wrap with Velcro on the ends and tie a scarf on top of that. Also I sleep on a satin pillow case, dont wanna take any chances :)

Whenever I dont wrap my hair, I can REALLY feel a difference. I think it just helps seal in the moisture better instead of it being absorbed on bed linen.

almondjoi85

I have to cover my hair, especially since starting to use Hot 6 oil to seal. I don't want that rubbing off onto my pillow case and aggravating my skin situation.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Do I tie it up with a scarf, or do you mean wrap my real hair? I have worn a satin scarf to bed since I was a little kid and still do. I used to wrap my hair, but I don't anymore.

candy626

I wear a satin scarf but it always comes off somehow while I sleep. I think I'm going to get a satin pillowcase.

I'm still trying to figure out how to sleep on my curly hair without it getting frizzy.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I've been putting my hair up since I was a teenager. Now I use satin bonnets and scarves...I can't sleep without one!