Does anybody know how to do pin curls?

pearlygurl

Hey ladies,

I wrap my hair every night, but I want to lay off the wrapping for a while. I on another hair site that pin curls were a great alternative to wrapping the hair. Can somebody share directions with me on how to actually do them? TIA

Hi Pearlygurl - For pincurls, take a section of hair and roll the ends over your index fingers (almost as if you were twiddling your thumbs). You're basically using your fingers as a roller. When you get to the base of where you want the curl to be, place it flat against your head and slide either a bobby pin or a single prong roller clip halfway over it to hold it in place. It's easier to do on hair that has already been set or has some bend to it. For loose curls on hair that is generally one length, you probably only need to make 8-12 depending on how much hair you're working with. Layered hair may require a few more pincurls. I hope that makes sense.

Is Southerngirl's gallery available? Last I checked it wasn't. :nono:

LaNecia said:
Is Southerngirl's gallery available? Last I checked it wasn't. :nono:
You'll have to check her profile for her link and password.

Another thanks Balisi and Sweet Ambrosia for your pin curl info!:)

Keep in mind that it will be trial and error. I wash/flat iron once a week. After that I bump some curls in my hair (low heat) because it's so straight. That night I will pin curl my hair. I have maybe one or two pics in my fotki. Sometimes it will come out really cute. Other times it's not as cute. With practice you will understand your hair and figure out the best method to doing this. I pin curled last night and today my hair came out really pretty and a little fluffy.

pearlygurl said:
Hey ladies,

I wrap my hair every night, but I want to lay off the wrapping for a while. I on another hair site that pin curls were a great alternative to wrapping the hair. Can somebody share directions with me on how to actually do them? TIA

I have some pics in my fotki for pincurls. no password needed

I'm still a little clueless on this too and would like some clarification. I have gotten a different result every single time that i did it:)

Back