Pin Marks on Wrapped Hair

Hair_Goddess

Hi everyone. It's been 2 months and I'm still hanging in there with my press-n-curls and trying to reach my waist length goal. This is the longest time I've ever worn my natural hair in my adult life!

Anyway, I've been wrapping my hair at night since I've found that this keeps my hair straighter. However, in the morning when I take my wrap down, I have all these "pin marks" from all the hair pins I put in to hold my wrap in place. Any suggestions on how to wrap my hair without the pin marks??

Demi27

When I wrap my own hair (well, now my weave), that's what I do (if the hair won't stay in place by itself).

I also use a du-rag or another silk type cap with elastic. I use that under my scarf, and my hair stays tight until I unwrap it in the morning.

Hair_Goddess

When I wrap my own hair (well, now my weave), that's what I do (if the hair won't stay in place by itself).

I also use a du-rag or another silk type cap with elastic. I use that under my scarf, and my hair stays tight until I unwrap it in the morning.

Yes - I currently put a do rag over my hair (and the pins). So you're saying I should just wrap my hair without the pins and put the do rag over it?

Hair2Dye4

I get a hair net for about $1.00 at Sally's and tie my hair up then slide all the pins out thru the holes and put my head scarf on top.

HTH

Hair_Goddess

I get a hair net for about $1.00 at Sally's and tie my hair up then slide all the pins out thru the holes and put my head scarf on top.

HTH

THANK YOU!! That's what I was trying to figure out - that is how to remove the pins once the do rag is on!

jcdlox

I use bobby pins with the ridge side under my hair and the flat side on top. I never have pin marks.

Demi27

Yes - I currently put a do rag over my hair (and the pins). So you're saying I should just wrap my hair without the pins and put the do rag over it?

Yes. I actually use two scarves.

Here's what I do:

When I'm wrapping my hair, I use clips instead of hair pins. I put clips in my hair upside down. Then, I put on a silk cap (sort of like a stocking cap, but it's thicker and safer for your hair). Once that's on, then I take the clips out of my hair. It's easy to do, because the clips are in upside down. Then I put on my regular scarf (du-rag, silk scarf, etc).

I hope that makes sense.

kami02

I thought of one thing that a lot of Dominican Stylist do when they wrap your hair with pins - they bend the pin in the middle. They say they do it so you wont get the pin marks - but I still do. You could try it.

When I do need to use pins - I'll use like 2, max 4.

Hair_Goddess

Yes. I actually use two scarves.

Here's what I do:

When I'm wrapping my hair, I use clips instead of hair pins. I put clips in my hair upside down. Then, I put on a silk cap (sort of like a stocking cap, but it's thicker and safer for your hair). Once that's on, then I take the clips out of my hair. It's easy to do, because the clips are in upside down. Then I put on my regular scarf (du-rag, silk scarf, etc).

I hope that makes sense.

Yes - that makes sense. Thanks!

ladyfay

I have that same problem too! But I think it looks kinda of nice, makes it look like I have wavy hair. Normally the crinkles would fall out by the end of the day and for good after a week.