Does anyone C-DC-C ?

Bublin

Does anyone do the following.....?

Shampoo and rinse then...........
Condition (with a regular conditoner)
Deep condition
then Condition again (with a regular conditioner)

I'm sure i've heard this mentioned here in the past and i just watched a youtube vid where someone described that she did this.

Is your hair significantly more moisturised?

eta - video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ZdhB0XEhc&feature=channel

at about 2.30 she starts talking about the continuos conditioning and rinsing.

Last edited:
I've never heard of this, and honestly I think it's doing too much. Your hair can only absorb so much conditioner. So after you DC the first time, there's not much of a point in conditioning again cause your hair probably won't absorb it all anyway.

IMO, after using the first conditioner, that'd probably hinder the effects of the 2nd conditioner and so on. I say stick to one that satisfies all of your needs.

I did this as my regi in the past. I had relaxed hair that was dry and fragile. My hair was very moisterized. When I would airdry (with my hair wrapped) it looked so healthy and shiny.

Maybe I should do this every other wash.....

ETA: my first conditioner was a protein

Last edited:
The only way I'd come close to this is if I did a hard protein DC, in which case I: 1) Shampoo, 2)Protein DC then 3)Moisture DC and that only happens every 6 weeks.
Otherwise that just seems like a waste of conditioner (and time) to me :ohwell:.

Last edited:
To me, it seems like if you need to do all this, you need a new DC or instant conditioner...or both.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I do something similar, but I don't condition twice. So I shampoo, DC, and then condition, but I usually use the second conditioner to detangle so I don't know if that counts...
I don't see the point in adding a conditioner before a DC unless maybe your hair is super tangled and you want to get it less tangly to add the DC to make sure each strand is coated.

I don't know if this is similiar, but I condition with a clarifying conditioner weekly before I DC. Since I only shampoo once/month, I use this clarifying conditioner as an actual poo-replacement, then I DC afterwards.

I do something similar, but I don't condition twice. So I shampoo, DC, and then condition, but I usually use the second conditioner to detangle so I don't know if that counts...
I don't see the point in adding a conditioner before a DC unless maybe your hair is super tangled and you want to get it less tangly to add the DC to make sure each strand is coated.

I do this too. I wash out the second conditioner with lukewarm/cold water and it's focused more on my edges and ends then anywhere else which are usually dry. I don't know why one would need to condition before a DC unless they do a condition shampoo condition method.

Have you ladies watched her vid?

She applies condish and rinses (x 4),
applies deep con and rinse,
then applies condish and rinses (x4)...............phew.

That is beyond overkill, she's doing too much :nono:

Not all three but when wearing wash n' go's or natural styles and my hair is very tangled I'll use an instant, very slippery condish just to detangle then dc. I don't do it for moisture purposes though (I've never seen any difference)...I do it because most of my dc's don't have enough slip for me to detangle with and also I like to apply my dc's to already detangled hair instead of a matted tangly mess.

I've never heard of this, and honestly I think it's doing too much. Your hair can only absorb so much conditioner. So after you DC the first time, there's not much of a point in conditioning again cause your hair probably won't absorb it all anyway.

IMO, after using the first conditioner, that'd probably hinder the effects of the 2nd conditioner and so on. I say stick to one that satisfies all of your needs.
This is what I'm always worried about when doing my conditioning process that I explained in my previous post so I try to make the first conditioner either be something natural or a conditioner w/o cones that will coat my hair from the dc. My hair is so tangly after wearing a wash n' go for a week there's no way I can dc over that w/o being freaked out lol. I used to do oil rinses to detangle before my dc but I slacked off for some reason. I may go back to it once in a while.

Before straightening, I would shampoo, condition because the shampoo tangled my hair badly, then apply my DC but I wouldn't condition after the DC. There's really no point.

That's seems like a bit much. I condition 2x when I do a protein treatment because I follow it up w/a moisturizing one but that's the only time. W/good quality products that work for your hair I don't see why you would need to do all that. JMO

My process is DC-C-C or DC-C on most days unless gravely tangled. I use a good quality salon DC (like Joico, the old salon Nexxus, etc) after shampooing and then sometimes followup with a cheapie condish or 2 mixed together for extra slip and extra conditioning. I do my wash day in the shower, and to avoid getting in and out (esp. in cold winter), I just let the DC sit on for max 5-7 mins (They say it takes up to 20 mins for condish to adequately penetrate the hair shaft).

That is my reason for using cheapies behind the DC--so that I get enough conditioner to penetrate my hair, since I'm not using a dryer or anything but a warm towel, plastic cap, and steam from the shower.

This DC-C-C process (sometimes I only use 1 cheapie after) has been part of my regimen for over 5 years now. I just don't feel my hair is adequately conditioned with 1 condish (unless it is a very potent reconstructor, and in that case if it is protein-laden as most reconstructors are, it still needs to be followed by a moisturizing conditioner)!

Last edited:
To me that just sounds like a whole lot of build-up that will result. Like the previous poster said, there's only so much your hair can absorb. It'll just waste extra conditioner because the conditioner that is use prior to the next one may have cones or other ingredients that seal the cuticle and may block out any extra conditioning ingredients especially if it's packed on with the C-DC-C method as you've described.

NO:nono:

IMO if you need to do ALL that then its time to start looking for a new shampoo and conditioner:yep:one that isnt stripping your hair and all

Last edited:
I do something similar but not for moisture reasons. I shampoo and apply a cheap conditioner on top of the shampoo before rinsing to prevent my hair from tangling and matting. I deep condition, rinse and apply a cheap conditioner for the slip and to get my curl pattern back. For some reason when I DC I lose my curl pattern.

It may seem like a lot but conditioning before and after DCing prevents me from having to detangle. I would rather spend 2 minutes doing that then 30 minutes having to detangle. And suave is only $1.00.

I do something similar...I put a cheapie conditioner on my ends, and then shampoo and scrub my scalp like normal. I noticed that my scalp is much healthier when I shampoo once a week, but my ends don't like shampoo. The conditioner protects them from the shampoo, and everyone is happy.

Then I rinse that stuff out, deep condition, rinse that out, and then apply another conditioner to sit in my hair while I do other things like exfoliating my feet and elbows.
The last condition is unnecessary but I like the smell + I have to use it up somehow. :look:

i mean if her hair retained a lot of length then okay. i saw her most recent vid (last week) and her hair only seemed to have retained about 2 inches since May 2009 :look: after alladat i'd hope her hair would be BSL or longer.

I would never have a wash day if I did all that...just the thought of it all makes me tired...

I shampoo once, co-wash once, DC, then in the shower, detangle/rinse. The only way I reapply any condish in the shower is if I need more slip during the detangling process (a step I no longer need now that I have the TT:grin:)

Back