Does anyone DC even after you pre-poo?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I pre-poo for an hour using a mixture of Cholesterol, Amla Oil, Coconut Oil, an egg, and honey. Then I wash with CON (green label) and condition with At One with Nature. But I only condition for about 3 min. Should I still DC since my pre-poo is like a DC? I have been having some breakage esp. on my ends so I'm wondering if I should start DC'ing after every wash? Oh and I use B*B Moisturizer sealed with Coconut Oil for moisture.

TIA

Blackoutzangel05

I DC after every wash no matter how long I pre-poo. That is just me, but I also use protein in my washes, I am famous for using my protein reconstructor or a shampoo that has slight elevations of protein in it. If you are experiencing breaking I would see if you need some more protein in your regiment or just try DC'ing and see how that goes for you.

Proudpiscean

Yep, I'm DC'ing right now even though I prepoo'd earlier.... works great for me.

Last edited:

BioGeekChic

Blackoutzangel05 said:
I DC after every wash no matter how long I pre-poo. That is just me, but I also use protein in my washes, I am famous for using my protein reconstructor or a shampoo that has slight elevations of protein in it. If you are experiencing breaking I would see if you need some more protein in your regiment or just try DC'ing and see how that goes for you.

Same here I DC on all of my wash days not matter what I do before hand. My hair is a tangled mess if I don't DC especially if I use a lot of protein to condition or wash my hair.

Missi

i agree too: it wouldn't hurt to dc or not after a pre-poo: I use keracare and their conditioners I use are DC: so even if I prepoo or not: I have to dc

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Thanks for all the replies...what conditioner are you guys using for DC ing? I'm guessing I could use my At One with Nature or some Cream of Nature conditioner? Or I could use 1/2 of my pre-poo mix for DC ing too?

TIA

Blackoutzangel05

I just started using Elasta DR-11. I heard such great things about it but I am going to mix it with my last bit of Proclaim cholestoral DC and continue to see how I like it. Might mix in some coconut milk as well.

SkinnyMocah

I also do both, heavy protein. I am trying to combat some breakage.

Last night I prepoo'd with Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner in a bit of EVOO. I did a DC with the same conditioner, though I think I prefer the ORS Replenishing Pak as my DC. In a pinch I like LeKair Mango Shea Butter Cholestoral (I think that is the name).

Last edited:

Brownie518

DC after every wash, no exceptions. This is one of the things that has definitely contributed to the turnaround in the condition of my hair.

rosalindb

I pre-poo with heat for 30 mins, shampoo, then deep condition without heat for at least an hour.

HoneyDew

bravenewgirl87 said:
My pre-poo is usually for strenghtening so I have to deep condition after.

same here. mine are always for protein so I HAVE to DC so I won't dry out.

I have been forced to just do a rinse out condition if I am in a hurry, but that is not most times.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
My hair turned out lovely tonight. Here's my regimen:

1. Pre-poo for 2 hours with coconut oil, jojoba oil, and alma oil mixed with a little cheapie conditioner.

2. Henna: all I did to the mixture was add warm water and a little EVOO. My hair still had all the other oils, plus the conditioner so I didn't need anything else. Let the henna sit in my hair for 2 hours.

3. Rinsed the henna out: it was a piece of cake. I really enjoyed it.

4. Treatment with a wonderful Dominican product called Capilo Rosemary Treatment, which called for the treatment FIRST, then shampoo/condition. My hair turned to butter as soon as I put this on. It's a pretty kelly green color, too!

5. Shampoo with ORS Aloe Creme Shampoo

6. Deep conditioner with ORS Replenishing Pak under heating cap for about 20 minutes. The tangles just melted away. My hair was buttery soft, supple, and maybe a loss of 5 shedded hairs. No breakage! :clapping:

7. Use Kid's Organic Shea Butter Detangling and Moisturizing Leave-In. Comb out with Jilbere Shower comb. Seal with jojoba/castor oils.

8. I'm air drying now as I type this. When my hair is about 90% dry, I will do about 8 two-strand twists and hopefully have a nice twist-out tomorrow. I promise to take pics. ;)

I think I'mma stick with this regimen once a month when I need a good protein/repair treatment.

I'm thinking about doing a 3-month AVEDA challenge for 3 weeks out of the month! :kiss::kiss: