How do you pre-poo to obtain the best results??

An_Original_Copy

I've just bought a bottle of dabur amla oil, and three bottles of dabur vatika oil. I want to pre-poo with the amla oil like it's suggested for it's use, but I want to know the best way to go about it. I was thinking that if i use it before i wash my hair then i'd be putting it on "dirty hair", so wouldn't it not penetrate as well? Then I got the idea to wash it first, then apply the oil to sit in my hair overnight, and wash out in the morning, and then condition my hair, dry, etc.

how do you ladies pre-poo your hair?

kitkat3ny

Good question. I also would like to know. I have been using Amla oil on my dry hair and scalp + LeKair cholestrol and sitting underneath a hood dryer. I wonder if I should wet my hair before doing any of this. Like wet hair would absorb better than dry?

myco

Do you have any conditioner that you don't really care for, but you don't want to throw away? You can mix that with your oil and apply it to dry hair. Or if you don't want to add it to completely "dirty" hair, you can lightly rinse and then apply the oil/conditioner combo on damp hair. Cover your hair with a plastic cap an leave it on for anywhere from an hour to overnight. Then shampoo and condition as usual.

Mixing the oil with conditioner will help stretch both and it makes it a little less messy than adding oil straight to the hair. Plus I don't feel like I have bottles of conditioner sitting in my cabinets going to waste.

This can also be done after shampooing.

HTH

tallygirl

As a pre-poo, I mix a little dabur amla oil with a little conditioner, put it on my dry hair, cover with a plastic cap for at least an hour before shampooing. (There are times, though, when I do this before going to bed at night, if I'm shampooing in the morning.)

For post-poo deep conditioning , I apply a mixture of amla oil and conditioner, cover hair with a plastic cap, and use my conditioning heat cap for at least an hour.

The final results are simply amazing.

Candy_C

An_Original_Copy said:
I've just bought a bottle of dabur amla oil, and three bottles of dabur vatika oil. I want to pre-poo with the amla oil like it's suggested for it's use, but I want to know the best way to go about it. I was thinking that if i use it before i wash my hair then i'd be putting it on "dirty hair", so wouldn't it not penetrate as well? Then I got the idea to wash it first, then apply the oil to sit in my hair overnight, and wash out in the morning, and then condition my hair, dry, etc.

how do you ladies pre-poo your hair?

hi! i use amla oil as a pre poo every 5 days.

i suggest that u apply it to your DRY hair the NIGHT/DAY b4 u wash. add the oil b4 u comb your hair.

do about 4 big twists on your head and sleep tight with your hair covering.

in the morning, you may want to comb through. you'll hardly notice any more tangles and the comb glides through.

~Nigeria~

I pre-poo on dry hair with EVOO + Lekair cholesterol for about 3 to 4 hours, no heat. I get great results.

An_Original_Copy

mixing the amla oil w/ cond.? hmm, that does sound interesting, plus it wouldn't drip as much compared to when i use just the oil alone:)

LaNecia

Candy_C said:
hi! i use amla oil as a pre poo every 5 days.

i suggest that u apply it to your DRY hair the NIGHT/DAY b4 u wash. add the oil b4 u comb your hair.

do about 4 big twists on your head and sleep tight with your hair covering.

in the morning, you may want to comb through. you'll hardly notice any more tangles and the comb glides through.

Co-signing with Candi_C! I've tried it (Amla Oil) both on wet and dry hair and it works best for me on dry hair (or hair that's been misted LIGHTLY with water (NOT SATURATED)), overnite. Using for an hour or two didn't seem to really make a difference but over night :love:!!

I don't have drippy hair when I apply it and I'm pretty heavy handed with it. If I'm braiding my hair up, I'll apply the Almla Oil with a color applicator to the body/length of the braid so the hair intertwined in the braid is fairly saturated saturated. THIS HAS WORKED REALLY WELL FOR MOISTURIZING MY HAIR. :yep:

Ok, I'm going back to work before I get yelled at for being online again! :look:

HTH!

LaNecia

Glad to hear you had good results Teacake!!

I didn't like the Vatika oil nearly as much as a prepoo. I'm now officially the Amla & Mega-Tek Pusha!! :lol:

An_Original_Copy

Well, since the only day i have available to even do my hair are mondays, and I have to get to work in the morning on tuesdays, then I think I'll apply the amla oil as a pre-poo, and leave it on for about 7-8 hours, then shampoo, condition, dry, etc. I figure that 7-8 hrs. would be about the equivalent time of "overnight", right?

morehairplease

Right now I use Suave's milk & honey co(sometime w/evoo) to pre-poo. I haven't had a chance to purchase the amla oil(Dabur) but once I get a chance I will.

sky_blu

So how do you pre poo again? :confused: Do you just put a conditioner in your hair let it set then poo/con as normal? Im confused on these pre poo processes, can someone explain so I can wash my hair please :lol:

baglady215

sky_blu said:
So how do you pre poo again? :confused: Do you just put a conditioner in your hair let it set then poo/con as normal? Im confused on these pre poo processes, can someone explain so I can wash my hair please :lol:

Yup, that's it! It can be done on wet or dry hair before you shampoo. Then you continue as normal. Now g'on ahead and wash your hair! :lol:

carameldiva

Plain ole castor oil on dry hair the nite before, thin plastic cap on my whole head- then i go to sleep. In the a.m., i sit under the dryer for 20 mins, shampoo, condition and then deep condition for an hour w/ heat.

Divine Inspiration

The past two weeks I've mixed DDWL/DDGB with EVOO or amla oil and slept with it in. The following day I rinse it out, poo, apply deep condition concoction and sit under the hood dryer for 30 min. then I let it sit for another 20 min. and rinse. My hair seems to REALLY like my little pre-poo ritual so I plan to do it as often as it's convenient.