Very successful after taking braids out.....

fancypants007

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my success after taking out braids and trying to manage my hair. (always have problems with tangles.) Anyway i took my braids out a few at a time. I remember someone here said they detangle their hair by using oils so thats what i did. I put sweet almond oil on each section, combed through and twisted each section. I left it on overnight. By the way it took me approximately 5 hours to take out braids and oil/comb each section. The next day, I took out twists shampooed my hair with a clarifying shampoo, and i used Beyond the Zone "Last Call" as a protein treatment. I left it on for about 30 minutes while i sit under my hair steamer. I rinsed out and then i applied my dominican conditioner. This time i didn't use heat and i left it on for 30 minutes. Then i rinsed and i could tell my hair was very soft. I sectioned each, put on Clairol 5X renewal daily nourishing leave-in and then added some hairobics oil to each section. I detangled each section with my fingers several times before i combed and it seemed that the tangles were not that bad. I added WOC to each section with a little profectiv break-free cream hairdressing. I plaited each section and that was it. I will use these same products until the end of this month to see how it works. I will keep you posted.

melodee

Fancypants,
good to hear your braids success story! You are helping to prove that some women can wear braid styles and remove them without breaking out their hair. BTW, what kind of braids did you have?

adrienne0914

fancypants, i'm glad the oil worked for you. that's what i used to take mine out too. well done!!

LABETT

I just took my braids out also I always use unbraid spray
to take out braids I will have to try the oil next time.
THANKS! for the tip.

fancypants007

Hi Melodee

sorry for taking so long to respond. I had individual braids that i do myself. They always slip right out, but i have the build up which can be a problem, not to mention the shedding. I did what i described yesterday in combating the tangles and it seemed to work fine. I ususally have problems with my hair, tangling and being dry. The products i used seemed to help alot. My hair is natural but i'm planning on getting a relaxer in the next several months. My hair also seemed to grow alot. Someone had asked about brewers yeast. Well brewers yeast is very ideal for the hair as well as lethclin. You could say they are the 'B' vitamins. Many people can not stand brewers yeast because of the smell. But i purchase the debitter kind from Puritan Pride and I mix one heaping tablespoon in a glass of juice (i prefer crystal light lemonade because it has fewer calories). I have been taking brewers yeast for years, i started my sisters on it as well. Another benefit to brewers yeast is that it calms your nerves, alleviating stress from your life. That is one thing that the 'B' vitamins are also known for. Anyway, i hoping to get another 3-4 inches by june-july of next year. I also regularly do headstands for about 5 minutes everyday. I also came across some good natural remedies to help moisture, strengthen, and thicken your hair. I will post those later.