Does anyone else use steam to style their hair?

I sleep in a loose bun and satin scarf but in the morning my hair is still a little dry and in need of styling. To solve this I rub just a little NTM Silk on my ends and finger style my hair in a ponytail using a satin scrunchie. Next I cover with a plastic shower cap and take my shower. The steam loosens my hair and adds more moisture. Once I’m done I immediately remove shower cap and rub on a little more NTM Silk (tips again, edges & inside hair) then seal with a little coconut grease. My hair is a little moist, loose and hanging by this time and easy to style so I bun or French roll for work. Lastly, I use Sylver's scarf method to make my hair smooth. Leave on for 20ish minutes. Take it off and you’re smooth and sexy. If I want to wear my hair down and show off my texlax curls I just skip the scarf method, fluff and add a headband or clamp. I usually have zero breakage plus my hair is soft.

My daughter hair is braided when she plays high school sports and she uses steaming and the scarf method for her braids. Just use a braid spray instead of NTM Silk.

angie10

That's interesting. I have heard good things about steam styling, I really should give it a try.:)