Does anyone else's hair grow like this....

girlyprincess23

it seems my hair grows very strange. rather than just grow all together its like the back grows first then everything else catches up!! kinda like my head sends the back out as the feelers then the rest of the head comes along!!! i was wondering does anyone else notice that their hair grows this way?

tricie

IDK, I think my hair grows the opposite way...the perimeter faster than the crown:perplexed

Me too, bbdgirl; in addition to that, my stylist said my left side was way longer than the right! Well, at least it's growing!

LongHairDreams

it seems my hair grows very strange. rather than just grow all together its like the back grows first then everything else catches up!! kinda like my head sends the back out as the feelers then the rest of the head comes along!!! i was wondering does anyone else notice that their hair grows this way?

I think my hair grows like yours. The bolded had me laughing.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

I think this is how most people's hair grows.

Alot of folk constantly trim to keep the hair even not knowing that they are being counter productive to their growth pattern.

neks4u2c

I definitely feel the same way! I made a decision to transition in December and since then, most of my growth is abundant at the back of my head.:ohwell:
I'm not quite sure if the front will ever completely catch up bcos my front (esp temples) has always been shorter than the back :wallbash:. I am really pampering the front with a jojoba + e.o mix. Only time will tell this will coax my front to catch up!

:newbie:

AsTheCurlzTurns

Mine's grows like this, but replace the "back" with the word "top" and that's how mine's do.

Isis

Alot of folk constantly trim to keep the hair even not knowing that they are being counter productive to their growth pattern.

I was going to post something like this also. :yep:
I call them "tails" and on my head, they are growth spurts in the back on both sides. Eventually, the rest of my hair will catch up then the cycle starts all over again with new tails. :)

girlyprincess23

you know i think that that was what my stylist was doing to me for the longest time with her "trims" and i never knew it because she ALWAYS trimmed it prolly trying to make it even...no wonder it never got any longer!!! yeah (this in response to isis) i call it a tail too and it is like a 3 month cycle. in like 3 months it will all be the same length but after the 4th month the tail will be back!! i dont really like it because it makes my haiar look thinner at the bottom but im not cutting it off!!