Does anyone know or have any experience

Pam Pam

with someone who has been successfully delivered from a gay lifestyle???

I have a neighbor and long time friend who confided in me that he was gay and has been since childhood. He said he felt that it was not right and that he couldn't be himself. He asked me what I thought and I tried to choose my words carefully without being condemning or condescending.

I first of all asked him why he felt it was wrong and his response was that he couldn't be himself in public. I told him I understood, but that's not what I meant. I wanted to know if he felt that it was wrong on the inside. He said he did. He said the decisions he's made in his life have caused him so much pain and he feels it's because he's not doing right by God.

I explained to him my "stance" on the subject and assured him that it is no different than any other "sin" in God's eyes. That there are no little or big sins to God and it's all an abomination in His sight. I told him I didn't want to feel as though I was condemning him, only for him to see me acting in an unchristianlike manner one day. He said he'd been praying for a couple of weeks and he really wanted my opinion.

So my question is...how can he go about seeking God from deliverance of this spirit? I told him that he needs to sincerely seek God and ask Him for direction and allow Him to direct his path. But because I've never been intertwined with someone who wanted this type of deliverance, I'm not sure if there was more that can help him.

We are going to church this Sunday and hopefully he can gain some peace during the service.

Please note: This is not a bashing thread or question. I am not discounting anyone's sexual preference. This is a true attempt to HELP SOMEONE WHO WANTED MY HELP SPIRITUALLY. I am seeking answers for my question about helping him obtain his spiritual growth and nothing more.

C

chica_canella

Yes, there have been many people delivered from the gay lifestyle. It is just a trick of the enemy to believe that it is ok to sin. I even almost fell into that trap but God's word kept coming back to me, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

We can't begin to fully understand God's love for us. Tell your friend to think about these things as I hope you will as well.

Jesus loves us so much that he laid his life down for us. God allowed His only Begotten son to come down here to this wretched world and die for us. Knowing all the things I've done and other humans, it's beyond amazing that he would do this.

I'm not trying to make you sick or scare you but at one time I didn't really understand what it meant for someone to say that Jesus died for me. Here's a medical account and if you just fully think of it and reflect on it, it will probably bring you to tears.

Preparations for Jesus' scourging were carried out at Caesar's orders. The prisoner was stripped of His clothing and His hands tied to a post above His head. The Roman legionnaire stepped forward with the flagrum, or flagellum, in his hand. This was a short whip consisting of several heavy, leather thongs with two small balls of lead attached near the ends of each. The heavy whip was brought down with full force again and again across Jesus' shoulders, back, and legs. At first the weighted thongs
cut through the skin only. Then, as the blows continued, they cut deeper into the subcutaneous tissues, producing first an oozing of blood from the capillaries and veins of the skin and finally spurting arterial bleeding from vessels in the underlying muscles.

The small balls of lead first produced large deep bruises that were broken open by subsequent blows. Finally, the skin of the back was hanging in long ribbons, and the entire area was an unrecognizable mass of torn, bleeding tissue. When it was determined by the centurion in charge that the prisoner was near death, the beating was finally stopped.

dicapr

I think your neighbor is already on the right track. Like any other sin, seeking the Lord and giving your life over to him completely is the answer. There is hope. There is a couple at my job that are a subject of gossip but their situation shows that God can do anything. The man has said that in the past he had dated men, and the woman openly had a girlfriend. They found the Lord and each other. They are now married. With God, nothing is impossible.

C

chica_canella

Ok, now we know how much pain it is to stub your toe on the corner of a chair or sofa or hit your hip. Just imagine having 10X or more much pain plus it being all over your body.

His death wasn't quick or easy, it was torture. He took all our judgments upon him which should have went to us.

We should be thankful that God doesn't think like man, because we think, "You have to earn everything you receive." But we didn't earn salvation, God had mercy on us and gave us salvation through the death of His son. Thank God He raised Him again.

What we did earn was seperation from God for not obeying his commandments, not obeying the one who made us.

I think you and your friend should reflect on this and it will help him to realize how much God loves him. He doesn't hate him or despise him. But he knows what is best for him and he made him. Satan trys to corrupt what God has made and twist God's word and tell us lies that seem to be true, but it is not. The thief comes only to kill, steal and destroy.

C

chica_canella

God has said, "Love God with all your heart, all your mind, all your sould and all your strength."

and, "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself."

Mark 12:29-31

When I think of this, especially if I am about to be mean or brash, I say, "God wouldn't want me to do this." When I am about to sin, especially if I know it is wrong, I say, "Is this really showing God that I love Him, knowing in my hear that this is wrong? How could I do this to a God who sacraficed so much, His only Begotten son, and do this?"

I don't want my will but God's will. So even though my flesh may tell me one thing, that is my will, not God's will. I want His will.

Please you this scripture when you pray with him and say it aloud,

Matthew 18:18-19

"18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again I say[b] to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

and also MArk 11: 22-26

22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Forgiveness and Prayer

25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

This is saying, whatever is bound on earth by us will be bound in heaven. If you bind in the name of Jesus anything in your friend's life that is contrary to the will of God, you are binding that spirit in heaven. You are holding it for a time so it will not be permitted to enter into your friend's life or surroundings. You are praying for protection of your friends mind and being. It may not be your friend who is having those feelings but thoughts or feelings put on by the enemy. God has given His people authority to speak His word and have things done. No weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Anytime the Holy Spirit prompts you to bind those spirits as said in His word, bind them in the name of Jesus. And continually pray for your friend no matter how bad the situation may seem.

Pam Pam

Thank you for your responses and scriptures.

It's been in my spirit since he told me. I pray he can find the peace he needs.