Does anyone not go to Sally's???

asubeauty

I went to Sally's today, and they didn't have anything that I needed. I read that stuff on this board (like seamless combs or ORS replenishing pak in the bottle) are at Sally's, and when I get there, it seems like that particular one doesn't have it. I can't find extra rollers for my carouso rollers either.

I used to love Sally's, but now I'm finding that they don't reallly carry anything I'm crazy about (except Kemi Oyl, but then I have to go to 57835875 stores looking for it. :ohwell: )

Is anyone else just as disappointed in Sally's as I am??

I know what you mean. I went for 5 years without a Sally's (places I lived didn't have one) When I got back in town in December I couldn't wait to go to Sally's but I'm no longer a PJ but I was still a bit disappointed. Nothing excited me.

I feel you on this, I think it has a lot to do with the particular location of the store b/c I experienced the same thing when I lived in Lakeland, Fl but when I moved back to Tallahasse I'm able to find everything...well except the seamless combs, can't seem to find those anywhere.

I have lived in several different states. And it really has to do with the location. If it is in a predominantly Caucasian neighborhood, well ya know. The ethnic BSSs have got most Sally's beat, both in selection and price.

Well, I don't really get a lot of things from Sally's but they do have some things I can't get at other places:

-Fermodyl 619 at a decent price
-Fuji end paper
-The colorful latex gloves that I like
-a better variety of brushes and combs
-I got my Caruso setter from there
-I like the Mane N tail conditioner from them only (the ingredient list is different than other places and my hair likes that one better)

So what I do is only go when there is a sale or if I have a coupon. This month they had my fermodyl BOGO free. I was all over that.

But really I only need to go there once a month or so.

I did a survey for them recently. By the looks of the questions, they are trying to generate more business. Maybe they realize that they need to step it up.

i think it all depends on your location. every sally's has different items; for instance, i can go to sallys at home (southern md) and find the entire ORS line of products, however down here in Cow Town VA (hampton) all they seem to sell is hair grease, nexxus products, and nail polish. :wallbash:

MMurrph. The last time I went into a Sally's, in happened to be the closest to home, and I needed an industrial size pack of showercaps. :lol:

Though, every time I HAVE gone to my Sally's, there are women in the aisles.... READING INGREDIENTS......

I think theres' a buncha Niko's cousins living near me, or something.

Just went to Sally's tonight after the local bss did not have my aphogee protein treatment. i also bought some beyond the zone thermal protection.

I was very pleased with Sally's because they have all the shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays, etc together . They are not broken down by the brand name. so when I was looking for thermal protection, i tried each brand on my hand and then decided.

At the bss, i asked if they had the aphogee protein treatment and the man just basically ignored me. he kinda of acted like he was helping in actuality he wasn't. so i said " am i to assume that you don't have it" then he replied "it's right there" I said no i'm looking for the intensive treatment in the pack for every six weeks. he said "right there." I said no that's the two minute i'm looking for the intensive protein pack.

He got smart saying "well i guess we don't have it". I told him "don't get smart, now!" With my eyebrows raised. then his tone calmed down.

a few minutes later my girlfriend called me on the phone and i told her i was going to sally's to get my treatment. he had the nerve to quote me saying "Sally's?" I said, "Um, yeah-you don't have what I need and you're trying to carry me."

He tried to play it off and joke around but I swear if i can make it or get it from Sally's I will.

Ive only went to sallys once in my life. it is so far away and in a dangerous intersection that when i went i got lost for 4 hours on the way back. just for a bottle of noodle head. they were pissed when we arrived and i didnt get time to get all the things i wanted. i found one in a place where we usually go so we wont get lost but we havent been there in a while. im just waiting for the time. i just want to try a few proclaim products and a real denman

My local Sally's is terrible. There are literally TWO aisles and the place is packed so tight that you can barely move in there. Packed with what, I don't know because everytime I have gone there looking for something I have heard about on the board it's either sold out or they don't carry it.

I went there about 4 times looking for Caruso rollers and they kept saying there were sold out and they were "getting them in".

I'm glad there are lots of BSS in my area because I would be sooo out of luck if my only option was Sally's.:nono:

i live in Brooklyn and I don't think that I have ever seen a Sallys, however we have so many BSS that I don't feel that deprived

My Sally's is about 20 min away, and they USED to carry like everything that I would need. But since joining up on LHCF, it seems like I would find a product that's been raved about, they would be often times sold out. On my last trip there, I finally found a bottle of the ORS Replenishing conditioner after looking everywhere for it. Now I've been trying to find other things, but guess what? SOLD OUT! One of the ladies who works there, told me that alot of the home-based beauty salons come in and get batches of items, hence why some items can't be found in there. I would guess they're doing it this way for quality products, until their home business takes off. Then they'll more than likely order larger batches personally from the supplier themselves instead of going there. JMO.

I don't. I buy all my products from Walgreens or CVS if I can. I only go to the BSS for specific things that I can't get anywhere else or for hair.

I usually go to my local bss, drugstore or order online. I only go to Sally's if I'm in that particular plaza doing other shopping.

I went to Sally's today, and they didn't have anything that I needed. I read that stuff on this board (like seamless combs or ORS replenishing pak in the bottle) are at Sally's, and when I get there, it seems like that particular one doesn't have it. I can't find extra rollers for my carouso rollers either.

I used to love Sally's, but now I'm finding that they don't reallly carry anything I'm crazy about (except Kemi Oyl, but then I have to go to 57835875 stores looking for it. :ohwell: )

Is anyone else just as disappointed in Sally's as I am??
I know you live in my area...have you tried the Sally's in Spring Meadows? It seems like the one in Spring Meadows has the best selection and is a wee bit bigger than the other stores.

Have you tried any of the Star beauty stores. I honestly hate going in there and haven't been for years, but you may be able to find the ORS products there. I doubt if they'll have the combs though. The one that I used to go to most often is on Byrne and Hill next to the Pharm. The other one that I know of is on Monroe and Detroit, but personally, I'd avoid that one as it is incredibly ghetto up in there.

There is also a black owned beauty supply store that I haven't been to in years...but its deep in the hood. It's named Powell's.

I go to Sally's to get my Proclaim products only...maybe once or twice a year. I used to go more often and even had a discount card. This year, the card expired, and it wasn't worth the $5 to renew it, because I wait for a sale before I rebuy my Proclaim stuff.

I used to love Sally's but now it really doesn't have anything I'm interested in anymore. The beginning of the end for me was when mine stopped carrying the Lustrasilk Cholesterols (including the popular Shea Butter one.) To me that kinda sent me a message that my location wasn't really going to carry many black haircare products anymore. :ohwell:

So whatever. I prefer getting my goodies at Target, Wal-Mart, CVS and the Indian grocer now anyway. Plus I have an Asian BSS that has ORS relaxer and the Replenishing Conditioner in the bottle. The last thing I bought at a Sally's was a bottle of Silk Elements neutralizing poo and a hair net to keep a rollerset in place. Otherwise I've kept it moving...

man.. u guess are seriously DEPRIVED. in orlando there's a sally's everywhere. i can think of two that i kno of that are on the same street! i usually go to "beauty depot" tho. its a big asian BSS. i felt bad the last time i went cause i had told myself i wasnt gonna go to the Asian stores anymore and i was gonna start supporting the black BBS. but when i looked on BOBSA i couldnt find any in my area :-( even tho im sure there are.. beauty depot is just so BIG tho.. its gonna hurt letting it go.. has anyone else had this dilemma..

There is really nothing in Sallys that I like. I go there to buy rollers, combs, brushes, brush applicators and rinses, but really no other products. I can't find many things that I want to try in there.

Sally's is my least favorite BSS to visit.
I only go when certain items are on sale,plastic caps,brushes,Fermodyl 619 etc.

I moved to the Montgomery County, MD area in April. I just saw a Sally's the other day, but now I forgot where I saw it at. When I first got here, I had problems finding a salon. I'm used to being in Mississippi where there's a Sally's everywhere and a Church's Fried Chicken on every corner. :lick:

in my opinion sally's does not have anything and they are too dang expensive i go to the good old houston BSS it has WAAAAAAAY more products and things than sally's

It does depend on the location. I don't have that problem there are five here and the are fairly close together, when one dosent have it one of the other ones will. I just ask the assoc. to call Ive never had a prob.

Where I used to live.......that is a total different story! :wallbash:

I know you live in my area...have you tried the Sally's in Spring Meadows? It seems like the one in Spring Meadows has the best selection and is a wee bit bigger than the other stores.

Have you tried any of the Star beauty stores. I honestly hate going in there and haven't been for years, but you may be able to find the ORS products there. I doubt if they'll have the combs though. The one that I used to go to most often is on Byrne and Hill next to the Pharm. The other one that I know of is on Monroe and Detroit, but personally, I'd avoid that one as it is incredibly ghetto up in there.

There is also a black owned beauty supply store that I haven't been to in years...but its deep in the hood. It's named Powell's.

The one in Spring Meadows in closest to my apt. I will admit that they are more helpful there, but last time I was there, they didn't have Kemi Oyl or ORS in the bottle (but the time before they did have Kemi Oyl...) I guess it really depends on the day you go or something. I've been to that one and the one on Glendale, which is the one I went to right before I posted this thread.

I've seen the Star Beauty Store that you are talking about, but I've never been in there. I'll have to stop there.

I moved to the Montgomery County, MD area in April. I just saw a Sally's the other day, but now I forgot where I saw it at. When I first got here, I had problems finding a salon. I'm used to being in Mississippi where there's a Sally's everywhere and a Church's Fried Chicken on every corner. :lick:

I'm from Mississippi too!!! :wave: It seems like I never had to worry about finding a product at home. :lol:

Back