Does anyone REALLY enjoy their hair?

PS didn't work for me. I only wear my hair up the day before my wash day and that's because my rollerset curls are gone.

But once I started rolersetting? Wow my hair took off. I don't know if I will ever stop rollersetting.

In the beginning of my journey I was paranoid about wearing my hair out but as you gain more experience you relax a bit.

I don't really enjoy my own hair, as I've been hiding it and wearing wigs/weaves since I'm in the process of doing a long-term transition. So I still have some relaxed ends and I can't really wear a completely natural look. I do enjoy it for the most part when it is straight however. It's just a lot of work to keep it straight and I'm also fearful of heat damage. Heat damage and it breaking off from too much manipulation is what keeps me from truly enjoying my hair. I straightened it yesterday for the first time in about 7 months and it has gotten even longer than my siggy pic. I'm now at BSL. I think I'm finally going to completely cut off all the relaxed ends at the end of the month. I've been transitioning for more than 2 years.

I think you and I are in the same boat. I haven't had a relaxer in close to 2 years, yet I still have a lot of relaxed ends. I would say I'm half natural and half relaxed. I think it is possible to wear your out or in nice styles in the meantime. I found that the key to maintaing my sanity and give my hair the best, is by keeping it stretched and smooth. I love rollersets and blowout at the salon. I can make them both last about 2 weeks at a time by using only coconut oil for the first week and a light moisturizer the 2nd week. Of course, if I feel my hair needs washing/conditioning before then, then I do it.

my hair is long but not very well taken care of ,sometimes i don't detangle for days ,i don't really enjoy my hair like i used to .I put in in a bun or out in its glorious frizz

I deep condition after every wash and I moisturize and seal my ends everyday even when I'm wearing it straight. I'm happy to actually be enjoying my hair.

I say just pick a goal length and once you reach that then start "enjoying" it. It doesn't mean you won't make it longer than that. It just may take a little longer but whats the rush... once you make it there you got it.

I do enjoy my hair! I finally reached full CBL and it feels like a dream length. I'm not hanging on to every stand. In fact, I'm going to get a trim next week to freshen up my ends and keep my style fresh.

I am truly enjoying my hair! :)

Of course I do. She is pretty. Happy. Loved. I wear her down 90% of the time. I don't worry about snapping or breaking. I think you get what you think of so I keep thoughts regarding her as positive as I can. I am MBL. Today it is a bit windy off and on and I was walking to get some lunch. The wind blew and I looked like I was in a commercial. LOL! At least in my mind, it looked like that.

Now that my hair is around BSL and very full I love buns. So I get to enjoy my hair and protect it at the same time. Plus even though I like the way my hair looks when it's down, I think I look better when it's up.

I think I will really enjoy my hair once it gets longer! It's shoulder length stretched but I can't wait til it's at least shoulder length unstretched. My shrinkage is unbelievable! LOL.

I believe I enjoy my hair. I'm a low maintenance type of girl though and my hair is 99% of the time in a bun so my enjoyment usually is found just in the fact of knowing that I have 'long' hair. I plan to do a blowdry for Thanksgiving and flat iron for New Years so I'm looking forward to swanging on those days! I like having it tucked up daily (not saying I won't wear a puff in the summer or a braidout now and then) and then revealing my progress a couple times a year on special occasions.

Back