Does anyone still love their Maxiglide?

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm contemplating getting a good flat iron for my stretch or transition and I was wondering if anyone still uses their Maxiglide? If not, what do you like better? Was it worth it?

I'm wanting to get the one with the mist option but am trying to compare it to other irons and get the opinion of ladies that have used them.

Thanks!

I still love mine. It works well and I don't feel like I'm drying out my hair in the process. I'm actually a little surprised to see that more people don't talk about it more.:ohwell:

I love my maxi Glide no plans to change! I am natural so I. really benefit from using the plate with the little combs on it. Otherwise my ends don't get straight

I'm contemplating getting a good flat iron for my stretch or transition and I was wondering if anyone still uses their Maxiglide? If not, what do you like better? Was it worth it?

I'm wanting to get the one with the mist option but am trying to compare it to other irons and get the opinion of ladies that have used them.

Thanks!

i absolutely still love mine.... i tried the instyler and hated it.... my maxiglide will always be a part of my hair care.....hth

I heart my Maxiglide. I will never be without one. Even though I just bought a Sedu Revolution, which I heart too, nothing gets your roots and edges like a Maxiglide :yep:

I'm a Maxiglide person. As Leobody said, it's the only flat I'll ever own or I won't have one. I prefer steam with my heat, not total heat. :blush:

LOVE my MG. It's an older model though :grin:.

And it does get your roots straight! This is from a rollerset:

2v944g5.jpg

15i6rt3.jpg

After taking out the rollers and flatironning w/the MG:

2v8lbtv.jpg

....and no, you won't burn your scalp!!

Thanks y'all. I'm really wanting one. A lady I know SWORE by the Chi but I want one good flat iron (or two... the maxi and miniglides.) :grin:

LynnieB, all that thick hair.:shocked:

I like mine. I gets my hair straight enough. I only use it 3-4 times a year though.

^^^@ Lynnie B, I love your hair...gosh it is so beautiful

@OP I have a MG and I have no regrets at all. I have had it for over a year and I like it more than my CHI because it straitghtens and does give that burnt smell either. I don't use the steam function much. But it is a fun feature for the ends.
I will always want to try other flat irons because I already have a few, but I really like the MG. I have 5 mos NG and it tackles it on level 5 pertty well. I then follow up with a 1/2 inch on the roots

I got mine at HSN or QVC, for a good price and they have a generaous return policy.
Give it a shot.

I was about to create a similar post. I haven't heard much talk about it but always thought it would help me get the edges straighter than a regular flat iron.

I am really thinking about getting one.

I have a miniglide as well, actually 2. It has no temperature control, but it is perfect for edges, sideburns, and "kitchens" :yep:

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! ANDDDDDDDD I got a good price on it!!!! Go to HSN.COM!!! I got the MP set because I wanted it over the XP. (They're the same price) PLUS I went through ebates.com (to get 3% back) and I entered a coupon for $15 off!!!! I got all of this for $72.12!!!:yep: YAY!!!! :grin:

Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set Includes:
  • MAXIglide MP Straightening Iron - wide plates measure 1-1/2" W X 4-1/2"L for easy styling. With the pin and flat plates
  • Miniglide styler - a smaller, lighter version of the Maxiglide but without the Steamburst Technology.
  • 12 oz. Maxesse Moisturizing Shampoo
  • 8 oz. Maxesse Tri-Protein Moisturizing Conditioner
  • 8 oz. Beyond Straight Temporary Straightener
  • 1 oz. The END Silicone Shine Enhancer
  • Detangling Brush
  • 2 Maxius Travel Cases
  • Instructional DVD

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I saved MONEY, I'M GETTING MY MAXIGLIDE, MY MINIGLIDE, MY SCHTUFF, AND I get money back! YAY!

Last edited:
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! ANDDDDDDDD I got a good price on it!!!! Go to HSN.COM!!! I got the MP set because I wanted it over the XP. (They're the same price) PLUS I went through ebates.com (to get 3% back) and I entered a coupon for $15 off!!!! I got all of this for $72.12!!!:yep: YAY!!!! :grin:

Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set Includes:
  • MAXIglide MP Straightening Iron - wide plates measure 1-1/2" W X 4-1/2"L for easy styling. With the pin and flat plates
  • Miniglide styler - a smaller, lighter version of the Maxiglide but without the Steamburst Technology.
  • 12 oz. Maxesse Moisturizing Shampoo
  • 8 oz. Maxesse Tri-Protein Moisturizing Conditioner
  • 8 oz. Beyond Straight Temporary Straightener
  • 1 oz. The END Silicone Shine Enhancer
  • Detangling Brush
  • 2 Maxius Travel Cases
  • Instructional DVD

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I saved MONEY, I'M GETTING MY MAXIGLIDE, MY MINIGLIDE, MY SCHTUFF, AND I get money back! YAY!

Same place I got mine. Love me some HSN. That is also how I ended up with two miniglides. :grin: And that Beyond straight and The End is the business. You are gonna love it all :yep:

What do y'all do w/ the mini glides? Do they also have that teeth plate?

You can touch up new growth or use them for shorter hair. I don't think they have the pins. When I researched I saw that alot of people were clamping it down on the hair and you're supposed to leave space (not close it all the way) so that the pins can detangle while it straightens.

I use it every now and then. It's still an amazing flat-iron, and it takes a little less effort than using my FHI platform because I don't have to chase the hair as I'm flat-ironing

Yes, I love my Maxi-Glide. I hadn't used it since October 2008 because I haven't flat-ironed my hair in that long, but I flat-ironed last week and my hair came out perfectly straight, looking like I had just relaxed. I was not able to achieve those results with three other fla-irons, including the titanium one from Sally's before purchasing the MG.

I just ordered the MP kit from HSN...what I like most is that people say there is no burn smell. I can NOT STAND burnt hair smell.

Back