Does anyone use GPB or ORS Hair Mayo...

daviine

...on a weekly basis? I ask because after I finsih ALL of these conditioners I have at home (yeah right), I am going to use a mild protein conditioner as my weekly deep conditioner. I would like one that is gentle enough to use every week. I plan on following it up with LUST.

I'm thinking of CPR (even though it really isn't a protein conditioner unless collagen is protein--not sure), GPB, or Hair Mayo. I was even considering the 2-minute Reconstructor by Aphogee but then I figured I might be scaling back TOO much on the deep conditioners.

Please feel free to recommend any conditioners that you have used weekly without a problem.

DatJerseyDyme

I used ORS Hair Mayo for the first time last week, and I loved it, and plan to continue using it..but now I'm wondering how I incorporate it into my regimine...I do a hot oil treatment w/ olive oil, wash with therape, condition with humectress (or keraphix followed by humectress) and then the deep condition..to me, this seems like a lot..so I was wondering if anyone had a suggested time that I should leave each on, or maybe I shouldn't use them all..what to do what to do...

In the run up to a t/u and after I use Aubrey GPB weekly, at least of recent I have. I have had no problems with using it. No dryness (actually you get the reverse) and the hair smells lovely from the GPB (one of my fave conditioner scents).

Try it. Psssst, it works great alone with no follow up moisturizing conditioner but try following with LUST and you'll REALLY be in lurve

daviine

I figured that since I'm going to use the LUST as a finishing up/moisturizing conditioner, I might as well strengthen my hair weekly.

Good idea. I've been singing the praises of GPB alot lately I've noticed but it is fantastic. On a scale from 1 to 10 , this gets a 15. It ranks in my top 3 faves.

The combo of it with LUST is the most detangling experience I've ever had. Your after a protein conditioner for the same reasons that I was too. Let me know if you decide to go with it.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
...on a weekly basis? I ask because after I finsih ALL of these conditioners I have at home (yeah right), I am going to use a mild protein conditioner as my weekly deep conditioner. I would like one that is gentle enough to use every week. I plan on following it up with LUST.

I'm thinking of CPR (even though it really isn't a protein conditioner unless collagen is protein--not sure), GPB, or Hair Mayo. I was even considering the 2-minute Reconstructor by Aphogee but then I figured I might be scaling back TOO much on the deep conditioners.

Please feel free to recommend any conditioners that you have used weekly without a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daviine I just started do this last week. I used the Mayo as a deep conditioner followed by a moisturising conditioner and mid-week I do the Aphogee 2min reconstructor. So far no negative effects. I will keep you posted.

daviine

DJD--what is the deep conditioner that you use? And you're using this after all those toher conditioner? That does sound like a lot. I'm seriously trying to cut back the time I spend on my hair...and I'm well on my way. I think.

DatJerseyDyme

The deep conditioner is the Hair Mayo..but I don't know HOW, I'm supposed to use them. I usually only use the Humectress..and I just added the deep conditioner last weekend. So should I use the Hair Mayo first and then follow with the Humectress (the moisturizing conditioner). I usually don't use the kerephix (only when I have breakage..or around relaxer time.

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
So should I use the Hair Mayo first and then follow with the Humectress (the moisturizing conditioner).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would suggest. Try it and let us know how it turns out!

beana3

BRH..now i want to try the GPB
darnit!

I used the ORS mayo weekly and suffered no negative effects from it, i just stopped b/c I wanted to try other things. I never followed up with anything either, but doing so is probably better. Maybe i'll copy your program, but tweak mine with deep conditionings every 3rd wash. (ladies i['m soo bad when it comes to DC's.. i haven't done one in a while
)

anikalia

I use ORS Hair Mayonnaise with castor oil for a deep conditioning, leaving it in overnight with a plastic cap and towel. In the morning hair feels very nourished. What's LUST?

NYCITY

Ladies!
You have to try GPB. It's the best conditioner I've used. I just love it! It also smells great and I followed up with Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm with great results.

Lindy

You should try Nexxus Keraphixx. It's a creamy protein and I've been using it weekly for over a month. It seems to be making my hair a lot stronger, and I have so much less shedding!!

*edited to add*: You guys are making me want to try the GBP!! Maybe I'll get it and alternate with the Keraphixx...

Babychoc

I also use ORS hair mayo once a week. It works VERY well for me and my hair and ends always feel extremely moisturized and soft after.