Does changing vitamins make your hair not see results?

Blue_Berry

I am almost finish with my 2 month supply of hair vitamins. I am starting to see results. I can't afford to get the vitamins right now, so I am deciding to get some plan biotin or a less expensive hair vitamin. I am just starting to see results... Will changing my vitamins effect my hair growth results?

sweetnlow06

I feel like it does. I noticed a difference in my hair around the 2nd month too. The bottle also said take 2 months. I am using the phytospecific vitamins. I stopped for a month and it started to be the same as before I started taking them. My growth rate started to slow down and my hair started to get dry again. So I have started by taking them. Plan to keep it routine this time.

Nonie

It's not so much changing vitamins but rather changing the nourishment that your body NEEDS that can affect your growth. You could take the same vitamins without changing them till the cows come home but if you're not getting the nutrients that your body needs for all your cells to be happy, then your hair will not get the nourishment it needs and so you will not see any positive progress in your hair.

Changing your vitamins from one that was not providing your body with what it needs to one that does would make your hair grow better, so in that case, changing vitamins would be a good thing.

How do you know what your hair needs? It's really hard to say, which is why my rule of thumb is to get a good multi and eat well and stop worrying so much about jumping on bandwagons. If you were taking biotin but also eating foods high in biotin, the extra biotin would be peed away or you'd break out and you'd wonder why you don't see any progress in your hair. It's because you aren't deficient in biotin but might be deficient in something else like sulphur/sulfur. Maybe MSM is what you need. Maybe iron is what you need. Maybe vitamin A is what you need. See what I mean? Better to take a complete multi and even an enzyme if you suspect your body isn't breaking it down properly.

Sometimes it may just be that you're already at your optimum growth rate so nothing extra you do will make a difference. Sometimes it could be that you have some deficiency that could be caught in a medical exam that could point to what particular supplement you need to maximize to healthy hair.

Skyfall

my mom started taking pre natal vitamins (no she's not pregnant) but she took them many years ago after her second pregnancy for years and had no problem. Now when she took them it made the hair on her crown fall out.

Nonie

my mom started taking pre natal vitamins (no she's not pregnant) but she took them many years ago after her second pregnancy for years and had no problem. Now when she took them it made the hair on her crown fall out.

See that? She probably was getting a lot of good stuff from it but not some nutrient that her body needed. From this chart, it's obvious mangesium isn't a major ingredient in some prenatal vitamins, neither is biotin and yet their deficiency can cause hair loss. She could also have been getting an excess of a nutrient which can also create the same symptoms as a deficiency. A good example of when that can occur is in the case of Vitamin A. Too little or too much can cause hair loss.

Nonie

^^Sure you can as long as you make sure you're not ODing on any oil-soluble vitamins or you can have the negative effects. If I were you, I'd look for a hair vitamin that doesn't repeat every single vitamin that is already in my multi. For example, Twinlab Hair Factors might be a good choice if you're already taking a multi coz it doesn't have all the usual vitamins that are in multis repeated in it so chances are you are less likely to have problems.